CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
Gert

Re: CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Post by Gert » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:30 am

johnjdoe wrote:Why not?
Because we have our Quality Standards. Nothing is marked there (XH, X, H or "NV" for "nothing validates" :lol: ).

Update: I have changed the template of the WIKI, and I will set a link to cmsimplewiki.com in a newsbox.
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

Torsten.Behrens

Post by Torsten.Behrens » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Since I started here: CMSimple 3.3 is now released under GPL 3, this is also true for earlier versions? If so, are all offshoots of CMSimple automatically under GPL 3? If I compare with Joomla, the core of the CMS under GPL 3 and the extensions and templates may be subject to other licenses.
I couch it right?
Then we must clarify what is the core of each new CMSimple version.

A plug-in, which provides a fundamental property of an offshoot CMSimple is then part of the core and hence under GPL 3?

If someone offers a spinoff or an old version of CMSimple with its own templates, these templates are then released under GPL 3?
Torsten Behrens
CMSimple Templates

johnjdoe

Post by johnjdoe » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:35 am

Gert wrote:
johnjdoe wrote:Why not?
Because we have our Quality Standards. Nothing is marked there (XH, X, H or "NV" for "nothing validates" :lol: ).

Update: I have changed the template of the WIKI, and I will set a link to cmsimplewiki.com in a newsbox.
IMHO this has nothing to to with quality standards. A wiki is an plattform to collect a maximum of informations on one place . I'm afraid that when creating a second wiki (just for CMSimple_XH) we will split more than now the available informations and disturb more than now the new users from CMSimple(_XH).

IMHO we have to merge more than in the past the available informations to avoid that people are lost and only the "geeks" are able to understand what's happen. Since the release of CMSimple under GPL I think that more and more CMSimple = CMSimple_XH and that we should try to respect this.

Gert

Post by Gert » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:55 am

Hi Gerd,

cmsimplewiki.com is a "free and open for all" WIKI, the CMSimple_XH DokuWIKI is an administrated documentation only and a part of CMSimple_XH. That's the difference.

We recommend cmsimplewiki.com on every instance of cmsimple-xh.de, but it's not a part of CMSimple_XH. That's why I don't want to give cmsimplewiki.com a subdomain of cmsimple-xh.de.

phg

Post by phg » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:38 am

Hello Gert, hello Gerd,
IMHO we have to merge more than in the past the available informations to avoid that people are lost and only the "geeks" are able to understand what's happen. Since the release of CMSimple under GPL I think that more and more CMSimple = CMSimple_XH and that we should try to respect this.
I totally agree to this.

I think, Gert made the CMSimple_XH DokuWIKI a wiki, because in a wiki it would be easier, that many people make contributions. At the end, this wiki should become a CMS as part of CMSimple-XH. So, it is only a temporary working-place for us.

Gert

Post by Gert » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:44 am

phg wrote:At the end, this wiki should become a CMS as part of CMSimple-XH.
Wich WIKI? cmsimplewiki.com or CMSimple_XH DokuWIKI?

phg

Post by phg » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:19 pm

CMSimple_XH DokuWiki!

In what form ever: a CMS, a PDF or whatever. Maybe a book, but I am not a good book-writer.

Gert

Post by Gert » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:24 pm

phg wrote:CMSimple_XH DokuWiki!
With that I agree. And it's already done ;)
phg wrote:Maybe a book, but I am not a good book-writer.
My old question: paperback or lether binding? :lol:

phg

Post by phg » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi Gert,

lether binding! I maild to the monks in the abbey "Kloster Eberbach" in Hessen, where Holger resides. I asked, if they are willing to write down the documentation manually in old gothic letters. I will inform you from their reply. ;)

Torsten.Behrens

Post by Torsten.Behrens » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:36 pm

phg wrote:old gothic letters
I have a client who certainly loves old gothic letters. ;-)
Torsten Behrens
CMSimple Templates