CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
wosee

Re: CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Post by wosee » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Holger wrote:
wosee wrote:Yeah, so why do YOU care about those two letters? :p
Seems you're not understanding my position.
WE can't say that CMSimple_XH is the "official" successor. So WE can't say this is the new CMSimple.
But I don't think that there will be a future development named "CMSimple".
So when there will be no future development named "CMSimple", why can't we name CMSsimple_XH as the successor, or as the "official" successor? Because right now the "official successor" is a project that stopped developement?
Gert wrote:
Holger wrote:WE can't say that CMSimple_XH is the "official" successor. So WE can't say this is the new CMSimple.
That's the point.

Who wants to develop CMSimple 3.4 or 4.0 have to buy the domains and copyrights from Peter. I don't believe, that Peter is ready to give them for free as an gift to anyone.
Unless I'm very much mistaken I don't think that people have to buy copyrights to carry on development of a GPL project.
However, I really think naming it to CMSimple would be the best idea if Peter agrees.

Anyhow, I see that people don't agree with my opinion, and I absolutely do net get the reasons why... And it seems that you also don't get my points... There is no sense in repeating arguments.

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:26 am

Hello Community,

I've just stumbled across this rather old topic.
Torsten.Behrens wrote:
CMSimple.ORG wrote: I have decided to close my self-employed business from December 31. 2009 and therefore I have stopped selling commercial licences for CMSimple. CMSimple is now released under GPL 3 with no link requirements, and future development has to be carried on by others. Thank you all for your support. Cheers & Happy New Year, Peter
wrote Peter Andreas Harteg yesterday on CMSimple.ORG

Happy new year!
Torsten
If I navigate to http://www.cmsimple.org today, I read:
www.cmsimple.org wrote: A Commercial Licence for CMSimple is available.
The Commercial Licence will protect your modifications against the copyleft requirements in GPL3/AGPL3 at one specific domain.
Purchase a licence and show your support to CMSimple
(The strong emphasis added by me).

So, do I have missed something? Has the development of CMSimple continued? I'm indeed very confused! :?

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Gert

Post by Gert » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:48 am

Hello Christoph,

ask Mikey, he wants to sell licenses together with his templates, and for that he seems to have an agreement with Peter. This happened after the publication of CMSimple under GPL, so it is no problem for us.
cmb wrote:Has the development of CMSimple continued?
Yes, it's called CMSimple_XH ;)

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services