i18n of Config Keys

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Re: i18n of Config Keys

Post by cmb » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Um, this issue is still on the roadmap (currently for XH 1.6.3), but due to lack of feedback from users and translators it's not clear to me what to do.

Bob basically suggested that we might drop the feature. tanavots reported a bug.

As the voting for XH 1.6.3 ends on July, 3rd, I suggest that we finally fix the bug (apparently that had been overlooked for XH 1.6.2), and that we move the topic to the next roadmap (hoping on further feedback).
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:47 pm

cmb wrote:I suggest that we finally fix the bug (apparently that had been overlooked for XH 1.6.2), and that we move the topic to the next roadmap (hoping on further feedback).
Done (r1354).

manu

Post by manu » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:00 pm

It seems like programming is all done. I wonder when all is translated down, if confusion will complete.
In the german language file now the value for "Template Voreinstellung" is "Standard Template". Is this really clarifying? Should we better stay with international keys and look for profound help strings/tool tips?

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:25 pm

manu wrote:In the german language file now the value for "Template Voreinstellung" is "Standard Template". Is this really clarifying?
Are you referring to:

Code: Select all

$tx['template']['default']="Standard Template";
I'm not sure, if that is still used by the core; it might be a relict from XH 1.5 where it has been used in Settings -> Subsites, IIRC. page_params has its own language string for that purpose ($plugin_tx['page_params']['use_default_template']).

Anyway, this thread is about the metaLANG.php files where the $mtx variables are defined, or better could or should be defined; AFAIK there are not many translations using these files.
manu wrote:Should we better stay with international keys and look for profound help strings/tool tips?
Maybe that would have been/be better. Actually, it's hard for me to tell, because personally I do not have any problems with the English labels, and the webmasters of the few websites I have designed for others, don't use the config at all, apparently. Furthermore there had not been much feedback about this issue.