Simplify creation of multilingual sites

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Re: Simplify creation of multilingual sites

Post by cmb » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Holger wrote:Hmm, thought the voting was made for that option:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6625#p37628
see here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=6625&start=10#p37638 -- and this solution gets my vote :).
That solution is already implemented since XH 1.6 (it has been there before r1017). This topic is about further simplification.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:10 pm

cmb wrote:That solution is already implemented since XH 1.6 (it has been there before r1017). This topic is about further simplification.
Thought that too, but have not re-checked, sorry. I got confused by the posts about the problem with safe-mode...

So the options are
- Tatas suggestion with renamed folders
Tata wrote:He suggested to rename 2lang/ to 2lang-copy_rename_xx/ or so, and to add a respective subfolder to content/.
and
- move existing files from 2lang to /content/LANG/... instead of creating the folderstructure below /content as it is now
cmb wrote:Another option would be to automatically move the necessary folder and files to content/, if a second language is accessed, and the structure is not already there, but still resides in 2lang/.
Am I right?

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Holger wrote:Thought that too, but have not re-checked, sorry.
No problem. :)
Holger wrote:Am I right?
Yes. However, I'm not sure how to handle this with the limited capabilities of the roadmap. If the voting would have ended already, we had a "yes", but not for the same solution. Actually, I generally don't know how to handle such multi-option votes best.

svasti

Post by svasti » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:28 pm

cmb wrote:Actually, I generally don't know how to handle such multi-option votes best.
Every option gets its own task line (one ofter the other). In the Explanation you state it's multi option belonging to the same task.

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:37 pm

svasti wrote:
cmb wrote:Actually, I generally don't know how to handle such multi-option votes best.
Every option gets its own task line (one ofter the other). In the Explanation you state it's multi option belonging to the same task.
Well, what happens if both options are voted to "yes"? In this case it might make sense, but not necessarily in others (for instance, for the vote regarding $cf[title][format]). And how many votes should be given -- one for each option, or one for the task? In the latter case it is not clear where to vote for later/no.

IMO these are ugly bureaucratic details, but it might be better to clarify them in advance, or to avoid them alltogether (I'm not shure how, though). Otherwise it might give the "release manager" some headaches (what already happened in the past more than once).

svasti

Post by svasti » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:04 pm

cmb wrote:Well, what happens if both options are voted to "yes"?
Depending on the task we could put in the Notes either: One one vote "now"/"not now" allowed, or: Multiple votes allowed.
If result is indecisive, "not now" could be added to "now" and "never" subtracted from "now". If still indecisive, a second emergency voting on this point by pm could be held.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:28 am

svasti wrote:Depending on the task we could put in the Notes either: One one vote "now"/"not now" allowed, or: Multiple votes allowed.
If result is indecisive, "not now" could be added to "now" and "never" subtracted from "now".
Sounds somewhat complicated. :?
svasti wrote:If still indecisive, a second emergency voting on this point by pm could be held.
Guess we can somehow manage it this way.

FWIW: I've just pushed the Todo_XH plugin to Github. Not sure if it's worth to put much effort into it, but let's see.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:06 pm

svasti wrote:I 've added "check for save mode=on" on the roadmap
I've added the check (r1416). I have not internationalized the text, though, because "session.use_trans_sid off" and "session.use_only_cookies on" are not internationalized either. However, for XH 1.7 we should consider to make that consistent with "Magic quotes runtime off".