Plugins causing problems during search

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
svasti

Re: Plugins causing problems during search

Post by svasti » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:32 pm

cmb wrote:Miniblog uses $s to get the category and blog pages.
and with your changes in the search word on the generated blog teaser page are being found now. So no problems but enhancements instead! From my side I favor very much this little search improvement. Don't believe there will be any problems.
cmb wrote:I'm estimating roughly 5 hours for 50 plugins only for the most basic checking
You certainly have an installation with most of your plugins. Just run a few searches and see what happens. Come on that doesn't take five hours ;) . I'll put on the roadmap... :ugeek:

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:58 am

svasti wrote:and with your changes in the search word on the generated blog teaser page are being found now. So no problems but enhancements instead! From my side I favor very much this little search improvement.
ACK
svasti wrote:Don't believe there will be any problems.
It's just that I'm not sure -- $s being a global variable surely could cause problems (consider a plugin manipulating it).
svasti wrote:You certainly have an installation with most of your plugins.
No, I don't. All my plugins are in separate local SVN repositories, and usually I'm checking them out individually to an SVN controlled CMSimple working copy as nested WCs. I'll see if I can come up with an automated checkout/search, what would be useful for other tasks as well.
svasti wrote:I'll put on the roadmap...
Thanks. :)
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:04 pm

I have checked all my published plugins, and it seems none of them would be affected by the change in http://cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 187#p44660 (well, actually there would be irrelevant improvements for Extedit_XH and Realblog_XH during the search).

svasti

Post by svasti » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:10 pm

cmb wrote:I have checked all my published plugins, and it seems none of them would be affected by the change
Thanks a lot! :) :) :)

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:45 pm

cmb wrote:It would be possible to set the global $s when iterating over the pages during the search, and reset $s afterwards to -1
Done (r1414).