Adopt PHP Mess Detector

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Adopt PHP Mess Detector

Post by cmb » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:17 pm

Hi everybody!

Since a while I'm using PHP Mess Detector for some of my plugins. It does a particular good job at finding unused local variables and parameters, which are sometimes a relict of refactoring, or simply the result of sloppiness or some trickery. It seems to me that it's best to remove such unused entities to make the code simpler and clearer.

Therefore I suggest to adopt PHP Mess Detector for the core and the internal plugins, only checking the `unused` rules for now. The proposed patch will add it to the dev requirements and also makes a respective Phing target (`mess`) available. Furthermore it removes the detected unused variables and parameters.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

manu

Re: Adopt PHP Mess Detector

Post by manu » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:30 pm

This is a improvement of the development environment!
What's the step-by-step action to update the named? Just run "composer update" on the command line? Or is there another install necessary (update Wiki)?
regards
manu

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:05 pm

manu wrote:What's the step-by-step action to update the named? Just run "composer update" on the command line? Or is there another install necessary (update Wiki)?
At first you have to apply the patch, then run `composer update` and then you can do `phing mess`. I'll update the Wiki after the vote has finished and this item has been accepted.

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:30 pm

Done (r1553).