Incompatibility of CMSimple 4

General questions about CMSimple
svasti

Incompatibility of CMSimple 4

Post by svasti » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Just discovered that none of my version.nfo files work in CMSimple 4 :(
Because CMSimple 4 has no trim to the last value of the version.nfo, which contains URL to the author's site.
I discovered that my html-editor had the preset: Add CR+LF to EOF, and therefore all my version.nfo files end with CR + LF. CMSimple 4 cannot handle that. But it is no problem in Holger's hi_updatecheck.

cmb

Re: Incompatibility of CMSimple 4

Post by cmb » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 pm

It might be more appropriate to request this relaxed syntax on http://cmsimple.org/forum/.

Anyway, the version.nfo files are basically CSV files, and there is no standard regarding those. RFC 4180 is only informational, unfortunately, and it states:
The last record in the file may or may not have an ending line break.
For the sake of compatibility, I suggest you change the configuration of your editor, and enter a linebreak manually after the last line of any file where that is appropriate. Personally, I prefer to have a linebreak (usually a newline) to be the last character of any text file, but typing it in is just a single keystroke, so I can live with it (actually I'm doing it this way).

OTOH, Postel's law comes to mind.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Gert

Re: Incompatibility of CMSimple 4

Post by Gert » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:30 am

svasti wrote:Because CMSimple 4 has no trim ...
Solved in CMSimple 4.4.1 (2014-04-25 10:30am),

Gert

PS: I edit the .nfo files with the standard editor of Windows. I have configured my Windows Explorer to open .nfo files automatically in the Windows editor by opening from Windows Explorer.
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services