Open 2nd installation in user mode.

General questions about CMSimple
Tata

Open 2nd installation in user mode.

Post by Tata » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:29 am

I have built a webpage. In it's root there is another cmsimple installation used as the help environment to the website, linked to HELP function in editmenu (the link is adjusted in cms.php).
Now, if I logg in and click the HELP button, the "help page" is opened in new window/tab but I'm logged there too. Where and what shall be added to open this part without being logged in?
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

mvwd

Re: Open 2nd installation in user mode.

Post by mvwd » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:45 pm

...not reproducible. A second CMSimple-Installation opened in a new window is called without logged in. Tested in FF3.x and IE6.0. Are you sure, you weren't logged in manually? What happens if you log out on the Help-Page and give it a second try?

mvwd.

Tata

Re: Open 2nd installation in user mode.

Post by Tata » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:01 pm

Maybe my explanation was not fully correct.
I changed the link to the HELP function in cms.php so that it reads the index.php from the "help" directory. The help content is also written as a CMSimle webpage (using e.g. genizfaq plugin). When the main webpage shall be editted and the admin needs some help, there is the HELP admin function (it means the admin is logged already in the main webpage area). The help opens in new window (the target is defined in the link in cms.php). But it opens in edit mode.
Logging out does not help. It opens any new "new help page" in edit mode again.
The structure is like this:
[cmsimple]
[content]
[downloads]
[help]
--[cmsimple]
--[content]
--[downloads]
--[images]
--[plugins]
--[templates]
--index.php
[images]
[plugins]
[templates]
index.php
Seems to be solved. I have overseen that both installations had the same passwords. Changing one of them solved the problem. Now the "HELP! opens from the "main-installation" admin area as not legged in.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.