CMSimple book for end users in dutch

General questions about CMSimple
bastingse

Re: CMSimple book for end users in dutch

Post by bastingse » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:16 pm

Svasti, thanks a lot for the explanation to the forum readers. You describe as it is, thanks !
I made the book, not to make a lot of money out of it but i do remember the first time i did use CMSimple......
Then i started to create websites for others and i thought it was handy to write a book instead of explain all ins and outs to the customer.

Just as Svasti already said: it is the basic information that your customer will need to work on his own website without calling you every week with questions. 95% of my customers do help them-self with the book only!

But..... it is in Dutch......

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:25 pm

bastingse wrote:But..... it is in Dutch......
If you agree to a translation and a translator (or several translators) will be found, that could change. :)
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:32 am

Ofcourse it would be great if it can be translated! But is there somebody who is willing to do that much work to translate? I think German and English would be welcome.

svasti

Post by svasti » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:13 am

bastingse wrote:willing to do that much work to translate?
that's the problem... I actually do my living translating Dutch books, but I do need the money at the moment :oops: . So, at present I can't do it. And when it would be done, I think it would be good if other knowledgable persons, e.g. Christoph and Holger go through it and give some suggestions.
Printing would be another question: The printing cost of the Dutch book is actually relatively high, Emile doesn't earn any money with it. Printing cost go down only if you print a good number, say 1000 copies, and if you print 3000, you can have a second color in the contents for the same price.
We could have it as pdf to be printed out and given to clients. In this case I'd rather not have too many pages. Alternatively one could find out the cost of print on demand. Probably a flexible solution would be best. Anyhow, for me it wouldn't be an immediate project.

svasti

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:30 pm

svasti wrote:Alternatively one could find out the cost of print on demand.
There are print on demand services which are rather cheap even for very small editions. For instance, there is Books on demand, and they have an online price calculator. A black-and-white paperback in roughly DIN 5 with 100 pages could be sold for 6.90 €.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH