Upload issue

General questions about CMSimple
Sync100

Upload issue

Post by Sync100 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:07 am

Hello
I'm new to CMSimple, and had to replace a pdf-file today.
It should be fairly simple, but I keep getting a warning: Could not save file ....
Currently we have 918,4 KB data, and the file is only 60 KB, so that shouldn't be the problem.
I've tried at work with no luck using IE 7.0, and 9.0, and now at home, again with no luck [using FF 3.0.5.]
The person who previously worked on the site left before Christmas leaving only the most token information.
Where do I start my search to find out why the file cannot be saved?
I've deleted the file that was to be replaced without problems.
Thanks

cmb

Re: Upload issue

Post by cmb » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:29 am

Hello,

that's most likely a permission problem. The folder into which the file should be uploaded (downloads/ ?) needs write and execution permissions; in short: chmod 0777 (for details see http://www.cmsimple-xh.org/wiki/doku.ph ... ermissions).

If that doesn't solve the problem or you have further questions: please give some more information about the version of CMSimple you're using (a link to your site might be helpful).

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Post by Tata » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:57 am

itt011 wrote:In some cases an attempt to upload a document fails.
I experienced a problem on som e servers, where the security settings didn't allow upploading any of *.doc, *.docx, .xls, *.xlsx documents regardles on size. Asking the ISP the answer was that it is because of avoiding MacroViruses uploads. I was not sure how serious the ISP was. But testing it with ZIPped or PDF documents, the upliad really worked.
So I would suggest to check the file types allowed (if target directory is set writible of course.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:04 am

Tata wrote:I experienced a problem on som e servers, where the security settings didn't allow upploading any of *.doc, *.docx, .xls, *.xlsx documents regardles on size. Asking the ISP the answer was that it is because of avoiding MacroViruses uploads.
Some interesting information, that we should consider regarding the Allowed File Types.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH