New affects to your possition in search engines

General questions about CMSimple
Tata

New affects to your possition in search engines

Post by Tata » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:01 pm

Hi, everybody!

I have received this email today and I think it may be interesting for many of you. So here is basic translation.

Here are the newest findibgs in area of optimalisation in search engines.
Factors correspnding with good position (not directlz affecting, but tending to bring good results) have changed. The factors of Google Ranking adapt yearly new internet trends. There was a time, when you needed to have "good density" of keywords on the domain name, URLs, META tags, headings and in the content. Today the social networks play the most important role.

The highest influence in 2013 became Google+ button. The first 8 positions in the group of influential factors have Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. The only off-page factor in this group - still keeping its value - is the number of unique links.

Surprising is:
The relevance of keyowords in a domain names is only 0,03 from 1 and in URLs only 0,01 from 1.

BUT DON'T PANIC!

Good content and design will remain the msot important forever.

KEEP WORKING ON GOOD CONTENT AND DESIGN. MAKE WEBPAGES FOR PEOPLE, NOT FOR SEARCH ENGINES!
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

noway

Re: New affects to your possition in search engines

Post by noway » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:20 am

I hope what you say is true. I find it difficult to get good content to rise to the top of search engines.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:15 am

noway wrote:I hope what you say is true.
I firmly believe Tata's right, when he says "MAKE WEBPAGES FOR PEOPLE, NOT FOR SEARCH ENGINES!" Actually, that's what websites are for---search engines are only there to find the most appropriate sites.
noway wrote:I find it difficult to get good content to rise to the top of search engines.
Well, that seems to depend on many factors. Mainly, it might be arguable what "good" content is. Furthermore modern SEs will take into account other factors, such as the place where you are. If I'm googling for "billard" the third (non-sponsored) hit is http://www.bistro-bogarts-ingelheim.de---I'm pretty sure you'll get other results. And there are some "fine details", it seems: googling for "pagemanager_XH" might lead you to my site; googling for "pagemanager" probably won't. And all this might change over time...
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Post by Tata » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:12 am

My experience is that a page - whatever it's name might be, whatever is its content, whatever nice and attractive is its design and whatever superb is its code - won't step up in the results of searchengines until it's dead.
I have built a webpage for a friend in our local pension (in a town of 5000 citizen) about 3 years ago. The page itself is not very nice, but the friend demanded ixactly this design. The code is also not clear - as it had required too many adjustments during the time and I was to lazy to clean it. But the page is working well and it has gorwing yearly visits. The page is daily editted, however. And this IMHO ist the most important information. In contrary - there are a couple of websites (e.g.), where the owners change something once a year and still wonder, that their pages are not enough visited.
(both websites were published in about the same time)
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.