Admin part was removed after installation.

General questions about CMSimple
hutchandyg

Admin part was removed after installation.

Post by hutchandyg » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Hello folks!

I have such kinda issue. I had never faced with that CMS. One of mine friend`s website using CMSimple but that guy who made website for him removed admin part and left only main page. I downloaded last distributive from CMS website and put all admin and system folder to right place but now I am not able find the admin page. I just does not know where is it.
No "Login" link at main page. Can somebody give me advice what to check and where to see please?

cmb

Re: Admin part was removed after installation.

Post by cmb » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:43 pm

If there's no login link you can simple add ?login to the base URL.

However, CMSimple has no separate admin files (there is a file adm.php, but that is not only needed for admin mode; perhaps that was different in very old versions). Anyway, you have to carefully check that the version of CMSimple that was installed and those that you have downloaded match -- otherwise there could happen weird things.

I suggest you install the latest version of CMSimple_XH or CMSimple v4 and make an upgrade as described in http://cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4868 resp. http://cmsimple.org/doku/en/?Update_from_old_versions.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

hutchandyg

Post by hutchandyg » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:05 pm

Thank you for reply!
Now I finally found with what I am dealing for. It`s CMSimple_XH but I does not know version of it. If I will overwrite files over current version it can destroy functionality. :/ I heard that folders structure in old a new version is a bit different.
How identify my current version of CMSimple_XH?

mrleejohn

Post by mrleejohn » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:41 am