DHTML menu hide H3

General questions about CMSimple
bastingse

Re: DHTML menu hide H3

Post by bastingse » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:36 pm

I found this topic very useful and i'm sure i will use above menu in another website, but.....
for now my problem is solved on this website http://www.thejohnhiattarchives.com/2014/
Stupid me, that i didn't thought about it..... looking in the configuration where i can make a setting that hidden pages are visible in the Locator with full path!

Thanks a lot svasti and cmb for your time and willing to look in to this. I'm sure it is asset to the knowledge on this forum!

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:39 pm

svasti wrote:In order to do something I now simply wrote a tutorial
Thanks. It is a very good tutorial, IMO. Short, focused on what's most important and presumably easy to understand even for CSS beginners. Very well done, if I may say so.

I found a small mistake. At the beginning of Step 1 you wrote "vertical drop down menu", what should be "horizontal drop down menu".
svasti wrote:on my own server as I didn't know where else to put it
If it stays only a single page, I'm not against putting it on cmsimple-xh.org directly. But it is fine with me as well, if you keep it on your own server.
svasti wrote:The needs an XH-page, however Tinymce will distroy it, but with CKeditor it works.
The text uses a lot of function calls and inserts css into the body, which is not allowed it seems, but which works.
Indeed, the HTML specification (4.01 as well as the current Candidate Recommendation of HTML5) says that style elements have to be placed inside the head element. You may consider putting it there, maybe like so:

Code: Select all

#CMSimple $hjs .= file_get_contents('./tutorial_stylesheet.css');#
(That might solve the TinyMCE issue as well; I assume the style element is removed, because style is not contained in the valid_elements.)
svasti wrote:And thus the css for the drop down menu became really small.
Indeed--I'm impressed. :)
bastingse wrote:for now my problem is solved on this website http://www.thejohnhiattarchives.com/2014/
Stupid me, that i didn't thought about it..... looking in the configuration where i can make a setting that hidden pages are visible in the Locator with full path!
Indeed--I had not thought about this. :oops:

However, the third level pages are visible in the menu. :?
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:00 pm

cmb wrote:
However, the third level pages are visible in the menu. :?
Indeed they are visible right now. I had no time yet to hide them page by page on the page options.
By the end of the week the site will be ready (i hope) cause of the 62 birthday of Mr Hiatt :-)

svasti

Post by svasti » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:09 pm

cmb wrote:I found a small mistake.
corected along with a few others.
cmb wrote:#CMSimple $hjs .= file_get_contents('./tutorial_stylesheet.css');#
very good idea and it works!
I tried before to use "#CMSimple $hjs .= '<style...", but that didn't work as the editor changed "<" to "<"
cmb wrote:If it stays only a single page, I'm not against putting it on cmsimple-xh.org directly.
Now I think it should better go somewhere, where people would expect such tutorials. Maybe in a blog on cmsimple-xh.org?

Tata

Post by Tata » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:05 pm

I suggest - better than in a blog article - A section or a blog category "TUTORIALS"
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:46 am

Tata wrote:I suggest - better than in a blog article - A section or a blog category "TUTORIALS"
[ external image ]