menu fixed on top of page

General questions about CMSimple
bastingse

menu fixed on top of page

Post by bastingse » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:55 pm

I thought it would be nice to have a menu that stay on top of the page while you are scrolling. I did find a solution that works...... i thought...

On this website http://www.modeheerenhuys.be/ i did added this style to the template:

Code: Select all

.centered {
    position: fixed;
    left: 50%;
    transform: translate(-50%, 0);
}
And a bit further in the template i did add this class to the table that contains the menu:

class="centered"
It all looks well centered in Firefox but in other browers, safari and IE for example the left side of the table does start 50% from the left....

Now i'm working on a new website and wanne use this function again but now i try it with something different.
It is about this website: http://www.websitemaastricht.nl
Added this style to the template:

.container { 
	position: fixed;
	top: 0;
	left: 0;
	right: 0;
	height: 58;
	width: 100%;
	background-image: url("<?=$pth['folder']['templateimages']?>menulr.png");
	z-index: 100;
	text-align: center;
}

.container > div {
	display: inline-block;
	text-align: left;
}
And include a table with menu between div's like this:

<div class="container">
Now it looks perfect in most browsers (Fire Fox, IE, Safari, Chrome), but....... when i do log in to the website, the black admin menubar from cmsimple on top is óver the menu i created for the website so i can't see it while i'm working on the website. I did solve the problem by adding a menu in the footer. But how can i solve the problem of 'not seeing the menu' i added fixed on top of the page?

Second question (still regarding this website http://www.websitemaastricht.nl )
The logo in the header is in a table cell and it is óver the fotobox plugin, but in Safari it is on the left of the page.

Tata

Re: menu fixed on top of page

Post by Tata » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:09 pm

Try to make a "copy" of the template and define the admin template in which the position of the menu is not fixed but put in a simple DIV placed before any other DIV.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:33 pm

bastingse wrote:And include a table with menu between div's like this:
I don't understand, why you use a table with a single cell. If you really need any table specific behavior, you could set display:table or display:table-cell on the <div> or <ul> (that is not necessarily supported by old browsers, such as IE7 and below, but these don't correctly support position:fixed anyway)?

However, if you don't use a table or display:table, laying out a fixed container becomes easier (e.g. there's no need for a background-image).
bastingse wrote:Now it looks perfect in most browsers (Fire Fox, IE, Safari, Chrome), but....... when i do log in to the website, the black admin menubar from cmsimple on top is óver the menu i created for the website so i can't see it while i'm working on the website. I did solve the problem by adding a menu in the footer. But how can i solve the problem of 'not seeing the menu' i added fixed on top of the page?
The simplest solution might be to configure the adminmenu to be scrollable (Settings -> CMS -> Editmenu -> Scroll).
bastingse wrote:It is about this website: http://www.websitemaastricht.nl
There seems to be something wrong with this website (maybe only a temporary problem?). My first attempt to access it took minutes, and the second attempt is loading for over 5 minutes (still unfinished, and there are several failures related to www-embed-player.js).
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:07 pm

Tata wrote:Try to make a "copy" of the template and define the admin template in which the position of the menu is not fixed but put in a simple DIV placed before any other DIV.
I'm not sure if i understand what you are trying to say (sorry my englisch isn't very well)

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:12 pm

cmb wrote: The simplest solution might be to configure the adminmenu to be scrollable (Settings -> CMS -> Editmenu -> Scroll).
If i change that function, then the admin bar isn't visible anymore.
cmb wrote: There seems to be something wrong with this website (maybe only a temporary problem?). My first attempt to access it took minutes, and the second attempt is loading for over 5 minutes (still unfinished, and there are several failures related to www-embed-player.js).
Indeed it was down then, Ddos attack :-)

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:14 pm

bastingse wrote:
Tata wrote:Try to make a "copy" of the template and define the admin template in which the position of the menu is not fixed but put in a simple DIV placed before any other DIV.
I'm not sure if i understand what you are trying to say (sorry my englisch isn't very well)
Tata basically suggests that you use a different template for admin mode, which doesn't have a fixed menu on top of the browser window. You could use hi_Admin to configure CMSimple_XH to use this other template in admin mode only.

PS:
bastingse wrote:Indeed it was down then, Ddos attack :-)
Ah, that explains the problems I had.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

bastingse

Post by bastingse » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:28 pm

Thanks Tata and cmb for your help. I never knew abou that plugin. I just did try it and it works perfect (thanks Holger)!! Just what i need !