Mobile responsiveness, different templates .....

General questions about CMSimple
ahref

Re: Mobile responsiveness, different templates .....

Post by ahref » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:11 am

cmb wrote:I see generally two possibilities to solve this issue: either use separate templates for mobiles vs. desktop computers or make use of so called "responsive design" (mainly by using "CSS media queries"). The latter is most likely preferable, and there are a lot of responsive templates for CMSimple available. You can see some of them on the CMSimple_XH demo site (select the "responsivehtml" template for example).

There is really only one option, make it mobile friendly and responsive. And being mobile friendly actually has a lot more to it than merely being responsive. You need to definitely look into it. There are a lot of other design elements and the way that content is displayed that matter significantly, not just the sites ability to adjust to multiple screen sizes. If you want your site to be successful, then it has to be designed for mobile. No other options.

Here is a link to the Google blog to discuss page ranking for mobile friendly sites: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. ... endly.html

Tata

Re: Mobile responsiveness, different templates .....

Post by Tata » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:02 pm

vdonatiello wrote: ... i would like to ask your opinion...
I try to learn about the responsivity as much as possible. So far I understand and use in templates two aproaches:
1. I start with either max. template, then define media queries for smaller devices or vice-versa. Excellen discussion about this is on https://css-tricks.com/search-results/? ... e+template.
2. I built a template using floating containers and setting dimensions in %, fonts in rem or vw units. So all elements adjust their sizes even without having media queries set.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.