CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!

Re: CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Postby Holger » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:46 am

leenm wrote:It's bets to stay with the name.
+1

Holger
Holger
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2806
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:10 pm
Location: Hessen, Germany

Re: CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Postby johnjdoe » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:31 am

leenm wrote:
Tata wrote:I also think that keeping the "XH" is best corresponding to CMSimple_XH. It may be confusing to have different names for a website and for the software. Hm?

I agree. The name of the successor of CMSimple is CMSimple_XH. It's confusing if you have a website cmsimple-xh.de and cmsimple.eu. It's best to stay with the name.


Yeap, that's my opinion too!
johnjdoe
Co Admin
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 6:32 am

Re: CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Postby Ikko » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:55 pm

OK, than "cmsimpleforum.com" should be renamed "cmsimpleXHforum.com"...
Ikko
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:52 pm

Re: CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Postby wosee » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:54 am

I don't really get it, why won't you just rename CMSimple_XH to CMSimple 3.4 and carry on development, as Peter said
...and future development has to be carried on by others...

I think he meant you.

Don't get me wrong, but imho CMSimple_XH is a very confusing name and even looks stupid. I appreciate your work a lot, what you do is awesome, but I'd like to see CMSimple being developed rather than CMSimple_XH.

Well, it's up to you.
wosee
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Postby Gert » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi wosee,

as we was beginning, CMSimple 3.4 was not possible under Peters license conditions. Now the baby is born.

I think, CMSimple_XH is an logical name, because you can setup Websites in Xhtml or html, and it's ready for html 5, but the Editors dont't produce html5-conforming content at the moment,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Gert
 
Posts: 4733
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 4:53 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Postby wosee » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:39 pm

I know, but now it is possible, am I right? Why should CMSimple 3.4 not have this "bugfix"? I don't think that valid code is that important to be mentioned it in the name of the project. Valid code is a standard, or at least it should be!

The valid plugins could be contributed with these XH thing, to show that they generate valid code!
wosee
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 12:26 pm

Re: CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Postby leenm » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:02 pm

wosee wrote:Don't get me wrong, but imho CMSimple_XH is a very confusing name and even looks stupid. I appreciate your work a lot, what you do is awesome, but I'd like to see CMSimple being developed rather than CMSimple_XH.

I don't think CMSimple_XH is a stupid name, but that's personal. As CMSimple_XH developer, I wouldn't mind to change the name back to CMSimple.

Gert wrote:as we was beginning, CMSimple 3.4 was not possible under Peters license conditions. Now the baby is born.

So now it's possible (?)

wosee wrote:I don't think that valid code is that important to be mentioned it in the name of the project. Valid code is a standard, or at least it should be!
The valid plugins could be contributed with these XH thing, to show that they generate valid code!

+1

But I don't think this is going to happen, because all developers have to agree with this. Also there's something to say for the new name (CMSimple_XH), so I won't mind which name it is, as long as it isn't confusing for anyone. That's most important for me.

Leen
leenm
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Kloetinge, Netherlands

Re: CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Postby Gert » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:10 pm

leenm wrote:So now it's possible (?)

I don't know, and I don't want ;)

And now @ all:

We have discussed some names by beginning, and the most wanted name for the baby was ..._XH. Now the domain is paid, the Google ranking is good, and I think cmsimple-xh.de is bookmarked in a lot of browsers.

And I think, we should present the new quality of CMSimple_XH by name. If we would take another name, other guys would not like that other name. Let's discuss and think about more important things :mrgreen:
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Gert
 
Posts: 4733
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 4:53 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Postby leenm » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Gert wrote:We have discussed some names by beginning, and the most wanted name for the baby was ..._XH. Now the domain is paid, the Google ranking is good, and I think cmsimple-xh.de is bookmarked in a lot of browsers.

And I think, we should present the new quality of CMSimle_XH by name. If we would take another name, other guys would not like that other name. Let's discuss and think about more important things :mrgreen:

Don't think I want to change the name now ;) , as I said:
leenm wrote:so I won't mind which name it is, as long as it isn't confusing for anyone. That's most important for me.

I would be confusing if we change the name.

Leen
leenm
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Kloetinge, Netherlands

Re: CMSimple is now released under GPL 3

Postby Gert » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Hallo Leen, I understood right ;)

Your quoted lines are written under "And now @ all:"

myself wrote:
And now @ all:

We have discussed some names by beginning ... Let's discuss and think about more important things :mrgreen:"

I not have meant you with that ;)
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Gert
 
Posts: 4733
Joined: Fri May 30, 2008 4:53 pm
Location: Berlin

PreviousNext

Return to Open Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests