Could not locate heading

A place to report and discuss bugs - please mention CMSimple-version, server, platform and browser version
dgresh

Could not locate heading

Post by dgresh » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:58 am

I am a new user of CMSimple. I am currently using --
  • CMSimple verion 3_3
    plugin_loader_v2.0beta11
    memberpages_v1.7
This is also my first attempt at setting up a members pages area.

It is mostly working, but not entirely. I do not know what the problem is, but I will try to describe the symptoms.

1. When I login to CMSimple, I get the message Could not locate heading. However, the pages appear correctly with the exception of the Search box.
2. The Search box consists of of a box in which to enter a search string followed by another box (button) that normally contains the literal "Search". The literal is missing, but the box (button) is there and the Search function works.

Why am I getting the Could not locate heading message, and what happened to the literal "Search" on the Search button?

---
dgresh

Tata

Re: Could not locate heading

Post by Tata » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:41 am

When loggen in:
1. open the language setting and look for Search. Fill in your language equivalent
2. open any of the pages in navigation
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

dgresh

Post by dgresh » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:06 am

In the Edit Language settings, the Search literals were already present. However, I re-entered the "Search" literal and saved anyway.

This did not resolve the problem.

Both of the symptoms described previously still persist. See http://www.mastermason.com/MasonicCollege/ The Search boxes are located in the upper right corner.

---
dgresh

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi,
dgresh wrote:1. When I login to CMSimple, I get the message Could not locate heading. However, the pages appear correctly with the exception of the Search box.
That's normal and depending on how / from what page you login.
Try it this way:
http://www.mastermason.com/MasonicColle ... come&login
and you'll get redirected to the welcome page in the online editor.
dgresh wrote:2. The Search box consists of of a box in which to enter a search string followed by another box (button) that normally contains the literal "Search". The literal is missing, but the box (button) is there and the Search function works.
You have defined white text on white background at the end of your stylesheet.css

Code: Select all

.searchbox .text, .searchbox .submit {
	border: 2px solid #c0c0c0;
	background: white;
}
Remove or edit the line "background: white;

WBR
Holger

dgresh

Post by dgresh » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Holger,

I certainly appreciate the help, but the Search box (button) is supposed to be black text on a white background with a gray (or silver) border. Also, I did not (deliberately) change the cascading style sheet.

This same template and style sheet are used on the following two sites. In fact, the second site started out as a clone of the first.
Adding the "memberpages" plugin to the site some how caused the Search box (button) to "disappear". But as far as I can tell, the formatting should be the same on the two sites. It works on one; it doesn't work on the other.

One other note: I do not encounter the "Could not locate heading" message when working with the 1st site.

---
dgresh

CMSimple-Styles.com

Post by CMSimple-Styles.com » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:26 pm

Could not locate heading is normal, don't worry about it. It just means no page is currently selected! In CMSimple SE i changed it to "Please select a page from the navigation" because it was confusing people who thought it was some kind of error just like you.

The templates CSS is overwritten by memberpages CSS thats whats happening. Simply put !important; behind the color declaration. Problem solved. Or search for the white color declaration in memberpages CSS and remove it!

dgresh

Post by dgresh » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Well, the problem is perhaps half-solved. I made a change to the Cascading Style Sheet which now correctly displays the literal "Search" in black on a white background with a gray (silver) border. The specific change was ...

.searchbox .text, .searchbox .submit {
border: 2px solid #c0c0c0;
color: black; <<=== added this line
background: white;
}

Note: this is the same style sheet that ships as the default for CMSimple version 3_3. On one web site, the search box worked correctly without this change; on the other, this additional line was necessary. I don't know why.

The "Could not locate heading" message continues to appear, but it seems harmless. I don't know what this message is trying to tell me, but everything else seems to work correctly. I guess I can live with that.

---
dgresh

dgresh

Post by dgresh » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks to everyone for their assistance. I now consider this problem resolved, and I think I understand what was causing the observed behavior.

---
dgresh

CMSimple-Styles.com

Post by CMSimple-Styles.com » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:39 pm

The "Could not locate heading" message continues to appear, but it seems harmless. I don't know what this message is trying to tell me, but everything else seems to work correctly. I guess I can live with that.
It means "click on a page..." thats it. There is no hidden meaning