Mailform and Password Dialog: unreadable font

A place to report and discuss bugs - please mention CMSimple-version, server, platform and browser version
cmb

Mailform and Password Dialog: unreadable font

Post by cmb » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:49 am

Hello Community,

I've noticed that the text displayed in the mailform's textarea as well as the labels in the password dialog may be unreadable when using a dark template. That's caused by the following rules in core/css/core.css:

Code: Select all

div.xh_modal_dialog {
    background: white;
}
.xh_mailform textarea {
    color: #222;
}
I'm not sure what's the best solution. For the template I was working with it was sufficient to remove both rules, but generally it might be better to add the missing definitions for color resp. background(-color).

As I consider this a bug, I've put it on the 1.6.2 roadmap. However, it might be debatable whether it is a bug or not.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Re: Mailform and Password Dialog: unreadable font

Post by svasti » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Hm, trying to reproduce this bug, but in the dark background templates at hand I always get white background and nearly black text.

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:57 pm

svasti wrote:Hm, trying to reproduce this bug, but in the dark background templates at hand I always get white background and nearly black text.
I assume you're speaking of the mailform's textarea. In my case I had used the following rule in the template:

textarea {background-color: #131415}
(might not be the best idea, however)

But have a look at the change password dialog--this is unreadable in structure_black, for instance.

svasti

Post by svasti » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:59 pm

I don't find
cmb wrote:textarea {background-color: #131415}
in the original template's css. Of course, if you add this, it will give problems. If anybody is going to add such a rule, he'll have to add some color:#888;  or similar. I think, template designers should check with the input areas of the core and have them readable.

In structure_black as bundled I have in all fields dark text on white background.

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:17 pm

svasti wrote:I don't find
cmb wrote:textarea {background-color: #131415}
in the original template's css. Of course, if you add this, it will give problems. If anybody is going to add such a rule, he'll have to add some color:#888; or similar. I think, template designers should check with the input areas of the core and have them readable.
In this custom template, I have:

background: #131415;
color: #ffffff;
However, the color will be overriden by core.css (the respective rules have higher specifity), but not the background. As I said before, it may not be a good idea to define rules for textarea selectors in the template, but there should be a rule for the background(-color) property for .xh_mailform textarea if there's a color defined.
svasti wrote:In structure_black as bundled I have in all fields dark text on white background.
But the labels in the "change password dialog" are hard to read.

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon May 12, 2014 7:01 pm

I've added the respective rules (r1284).