Svarrer Gallery text suddenly dissapeared

A place to report and discuss bugs - please mention CMSimple-version, server, platform and browser version
Bibber

Svarrer Gallery text suddenly dissapeared

Post by Bibber » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:02 am

Hello,

Can anyone tell me why the text (info) to the photos suddenly has dissapeared in my gallery ? Everything was fine 2 months ago and the gallery has been working without problems for several years.

Now suddenly the text is gone and there is a message saying "Warning : Gallery/brugskunst/720-12.txt is not writable please change permissions" What permissions? Nothing has been changed in file-attributes!

http://nordiskmetalkunst.dk/?Menneskeskikkelser

Thankyou in advance

Bibber

cmb

Re: Svarrer Gallery text suddenly dissapeared

Post by cmb » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:43 am

Bibber wrote:Now suddenly the text is gone and there is a message saying "Warning : Gallery/brugskunst/720-12.txt is not writable please change permissions" What permissions? Nothing has been changed in file-attributes!
Even if the file attributes have not been changed, perhaps the user executing PHP has (might have been due to a change by the provider). Just give 0666 to one of the files, and check if the warning is gone. If not, have a look at the containing folders, which have to be executable and readable at least. Cf. http://www.cmsimple-xh.org/wiki/doku.ph ... ermissions.

BTW: you are using a very old plugin. You may consider updating to a newer one.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Bibber

Post by Bibber » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:21 pm

Thankyou for the reply CMB :)
I have contacted the host, and they just made a security update few days ago, which has apparently caused the problem. I can't change the attributes to 666, and they are looking at it right now.

I dont hope the text has dissapeared completely :(

And I know it is an old plug-in! But there don't seem to any updated versions ?

Kind regards
Bibber

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Bibber wrote:I have contacted the host, and they just made a security update few days ago, which has apparently caused the problem. I can't change the attributes to 666, and they are looking at it right now.
Ah, I see. Hopefully they can solve the issue. :)
Bibber wrote:And I know it is an old plug-in! But there don't seem to any updated versions ?
There are two successors of Svarrer's gallery: Gallery Collection and lb_Gallery. At least the latter is mostly upward compatible with Svarrer's Gallery 0.9.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Bibber

Post by Bibber » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:51 am

Hello again,

Now the attributes are changed, and I can see that it is the correct .txt files when looking at the server. However, they dont show on the site. The errormessage has gone, but still no text with the photos though the text files are in the folder!

Something I have to do? I have looked up the settings and they are as they should be.

Bibber

Bibber

Post by Bibber » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:09 am

No worry, it was due to updating the server!

:)