Filebrowser: insufficient error reporting

A place to report and discuss bugs - please mention CMSimple-version, server, platform and browser version
cmb

Filebrowser: insufficient error reporting

Post by cmb » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:53 am

Hello Community,

in a German thread rapante reported problems with the file upload of Kissgallery and FotoGalerie. It turned out, that the Filebrowser has the same problems, but it didn't hint at the cause, but merely reported being unable to upload the file.

It might be debatable whether this is a bug, but I tend to regard it as such, so I suggest that we improve the error reporting for XH 1.6.3.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Bob

Re: Filebrowser: insufficient error reporting

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Hi
If that can help I'm still using the old plugin "Gallery" of Svarrer for my websites. This is a slightly adapted version to remain compatible with XHTML/HTML5 and UTF-8 on versions 1.6x of XH.
I have no problem with the upload function of this plugin (the last site is running with XH 1.6.2 under PHP 5.4)...
Last edited by Bob on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Bob wrote:If that can help I'm still using the old plugin "Gallery" of Svarrer for my websites. This is a modified version to remain compatible with XHTML/HTML5 and UTF-8 on versions 1.6x of XH.
Maybe you want to publish it on the CMSimple wiki? I'm not sure about license issue, though. IANAL.
Bob wrote:I have no problem with the upload function of this plugin (the last site is running with XH 1.6.2 under PHP 5.4)...
Thanks for the confirmation that the upload function of Gallery generally works. In this case the problem was a misconfigured server, where upload_tmp_dir could neither be modified nor the respective folder could be given write permissions.

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Maybe you want to publish it on the CMSimple wiki?
I do not think of going against the license of Svarrer (wich doesn't exist) but I guarantee by no means the functioning of this old plugin (I had to deactivate some functions) and I shall not assure the support.

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:26 pm

cmb wrote:I suggest that we improve the error reporting for XH 1.6.3.
Done (r1318).