strange lone </div> found in content.htm

A place to report and discuss bugs - please mention CMSimple-version, server, platform and browser version
svasti

strange lone </div> found in content.htm

Post by svasti » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi all,

as I was updating the template of cmsimple-xh.org, I noticed on the page "History & Changelog" (both English + German) misplaced bottom-links previous/next page.

Checking with the editor the source code of the concerned pages I couldn't find any anomaly. After lot's of searching I finally looked into the content.htm:

Code: Select all

'publication_date'=>'',
'expires'=>'',
'newsbox'=>''
);
?>
<p>CMSimple_XH 1.6.7, das einige Bugs behebt und ein&nbsp;Update&nbsp;von&nbsp;jQuery4CMSimple enthält, wurde heute veröffentlicht. Details und Links zu den Downloads finden Sie in der&nbsp;<a href="http://cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8894">Release-Ankündigung</a>&nbsp;in unserem Forum.</p>
</div>
<h2>15.03.2015 – v1.6.6</h2>
<?php
$page_data[]=array(
'url'=>'15.03.2015_%E2%80%93_v1.6.6',
'last_edit'=>'1426420821',
'
That's Christoph's last entry.
There is a lone </div>. No idea how it got there.

The bad thing is: This </div> is NOT shown in either Tinymce nor CKEditor source view.
When I selected Tinymce4, as this editor wasn't installed, just the plain html was shown and the </div> was there. However after installing Tinymce4 the </div> was again invisible in the source view.

Anyway this </div> messes up the template. I have not yet taken it out yet, so you can see the effect for yourself:

English . . . German

Wondering how to avoid this . . .

cmb

Re: strange lone </div> found in content.htm

Post by cmb » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:45 pm

svasti wrote:That's Christoph's last entry.
There is a lone </div>. No idea how it got there.
I had to edit the HTML sources in the editor last time I've updated cmsimple-xh.org, because some of the headings had been marked up as <div font> or something weird (what happens not seldom, unfortunately, at least with Chrome). Maybe the </div> is a relict of this editing.
svasti wrote:The bad thing is: This </div> is NOT shown in either Tinymce nor CKEditor source view.
That's bad, and I tend to classify this as bug. At least, if the </div> isn't shown in the HTML sources, it should not be stored when saving. Maybe there's some setting to change the behavior.

Anyhow, I suggest to update CKEditor to the latest version. cmsimple-xh.org has a version that's nearly two years old, and lots of bugs have been fixed in the meantime.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

lck

Post by lck » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:28 pm

Das verirrte </div>, gehört meiner Meinung nach, als abschließendes </div> zu <div class="togglehiddenpages">

also unter:

Code: Select all

<!-- T O G G L E H I D D E N P A G E S   E N D -->

</div>
</div> /* das verirrte hier einfügen */ 
Mit Notepad++ kann man die divs gut überprüfen.
„Bevor du den Pfeil der Wahrheit abschießt, tauche die Spitze in Honig!“   👉 Ludwig's XH-Templates for MultiPage & OnePage

svasti

Post by svasti » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:20 pm

I tried to do the "repair" with Tinymce4 (just to see if it would be possible), and ... saving the offending page, the template was even further messed up. But the preceding page "History & Changelog" ended with "<div> </div>", which I deleted, and after that everything was fine again.
:) . So for the time being I'll leave Tinymce4 active on cmsimple-xh.org.
Ludwig wrote:Das verirrte </div>, gehört meiner Meinung nach, als abschließendes </div> zu <div class="togglehiddenpages">
Hatte ich zuerst auch gedacht. Aber als ich die Unterseiten aufteilte, gab es das Phänomen nur in der ersten Hälfte der Unterseiten, usw., bis klar wurde, dass es nur mit dem neuesten Eintrag zusammenhing. Dann kuckte ich in die content.htm und das sprang mir eben dieses zusammenhanglose </div> ins Auge, dass die Editoren nicht anzeigten.