Newsletter script

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Tata

Re: Newsletter script

Post by Tata » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:49 pm

Here is the Slovak translation.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

oldnema

Post by oldnema » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:55 pm

Czech translation DOWNLOAD HERE
Nobody knows how much time he has left ...
http://oldnema.compsys.cz/en/?Demo_templates

Tata

Post by Tata » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:00 am

After first test, I see the plugin not working. Or Am I doing something wrong?
After trying to subscribe I get:
Newsletter: Thank you for signing up. To confirm your subscription, please reply the mail you will recieve within a few hours.
Confirmation e-mail was not sent because of an error: (SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: <my-email>@<my-domain>.sk

SMTP server error: relay not permitted
)
The SMTP is configured correctly (I use it with my e-mail account).
Switching SMTP off solves the problem.
After some successfull tests I see:
1. I have prepared 1 newsletter and have sent it. Everything went OK.
2. I have prepared 2 newsletters. Subscription went fine. But after publishing only the Newsletter 01 was delivered.
3. I have changed the Newsletter 01. After Publish - again only the Newsletter 01 was delivered.
4. Without any change both in Newsletters and configuration I get (after about 5 tests)
Fatal error: Cannot access protected property PHPMailer::$error_count in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/cmg/plugins/newsletter/admin.php on line 241
or
Fatal error: Cannot access protected property PHPMailer::$error_count in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/cmg/plugins/newsletter/admin.php on line 190
if sent as test mail.
Clearing all data files via FTP and making new subscription I get
Newsletter_01: Thank you for signing up. To confirm your subscription, please reply the mail you will recieve within a few hours.
Confirmation e-mail was not sent because of an error: (Could not instantiate mail function.)

Newsletter_02: Thank you for signing up. To confirm your subscription, please reply the mail you will recieve within a few hours.
Confirmation e-mail was not sent because of an error: (Could not instantiate mail function.)
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
Testing a couple pof hours later. The message disaooeared. I made two new subscriptions. The confirmation emails have beed delivered. The confirmation has been saved (I can see the the two subscriptions in data files) but no newspaper has been sent to the subscribers.
After more testing:
1. Subscription works fine. The confirmation e-mail is send and delivered. The confirmation link works also fine and the subscriber is redirected to the confirmation page with the announce of succesful confirmation.
2. In the log however still stays only
Newsletter () 2016-08-28 07:37:40
3. Mailing list backend is empty - but checking the data files via FTP, the cubscription is there in both Newsletter files.
4. No newsletter arrives after publishing.

Conclusion: The plugin seems not to write into the mailing list after first subscription, so the newsletters are not distributed and the message
Fatal error: Cannot access protected property PHPMailer::$error_count in /www/c/m/u13296/public_html/_sub/cmsimplexh167/plugins/newsletter/admin.php on line 241
is returned.
After reinstalling the plugin and new registration
Newsletter_02: Thank you for signing up. To confirm your subscription, please reply the mail you will recieve within a few hours.
The URL is http://cmg.cmsimple.sk (paswd per PM if interested to look in)
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.