Fa_XH

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

Hartmut

Re: Fa_XH

Post by Hartmut » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Hallo manu,
manu wrote:
aceaccis wrote:Hi, um auf Nummer sicher zugehen das es die richtige Version ist hat jemand einen Link für mich zu tinyMCE4 für CMSimple ?
Das müsste hier zu finden sein.
Ebenfalls in der Plugins Doku (zumindest stimmt da der SF Link). Für die weiteren Fragen mache ich besser ein neues Thema auf, wir habens ja schon recht babylonisch hier.
danke für deinen Hinweis und ich habe den zweiten Link in der Plugin Doku geändert.

Viele Grüße

Hartmut

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Hi everybody!

Fa_XH 1.0 has just been released.

Some issues regarding the TinyMCE 4 plugin have been resolved. See the changelog for details.

Enjoy!
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi everybody!

Fa_XH 1.1 has just been released.

Thanks to manu the integration of the Font Awesome plugin for TinyMCE 4 happens now automatically (you have to use a recent of TinyMCE 4, though). For details see the changelog.

Enjoy!

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Hi everybody!

Fa_XH 1.2 has just been released.

A bug regarding missing languages files for the TinyMCE 4 plugin has been resolved. For further details see the changelog.

Users of CMSimple_XH 1.7.0 don't have to update to Fa_XH 1.2, since the new version will be contained in CMSimple_XH 1.7.1, which is scheduled to be released today.

Enjoy!

olape

Post by olape » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:01 am

What are the chances of getting an update to Fonts Awesome 5? If possible with a choice of 4, 5 or maybe soon 6.

I am on Shariff, but there is now also 5 used.
I do not want to bring now necessarily also in addition everything, if there is a standard plugin that provides that perhaps already.
Gruß Olaf, Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Ich habe schon lange den Verdacht, dass so viele so eifrig auf Gender, Trans und Queer machen:
Weil sie für das Fachliche ganz einfach zu doof sind.

Tata

Post by Tata » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:13 pm

I have not checked if in all newer versions are used/kept the same character names. This seems to me the most serious point in future use of any FA version.
I am also not sure newer version wouldn't produce conflicts wit older plugins that use older version of FA.
And I think that FA used within FA-plugin is the simples and safest solution. It may require some adjustments in TinyMCE and sure also another editors. But it seems to me to be less demanding than adjust/modify/rewrite all depending plugins.
If such approach would be involved, new plugins would need to take in account any use/cooperation with FA-plugin.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

olape

Post by olape » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:10 pm

Tata wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:13 pm
I am also not sure newer version wouldn't produce conflicts wit older plugins that use older version of FA.
-->
olape wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:01 am
If possible with a choice of 4, 5 or maybe soon 6.
https://fontawesome.com/how-to-use/on-t ... -version-4

That is the way of the world.
Just as we cannot close our minds to changes in PHP, we should not close our minds to developments in other things.
It wouldn't be vital, but it would make sense.
Gruß Olaf, Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Ich habe schon lange den Verdacht, dass so viele so eifrig auf Gender, Trans und Queer machen:
Weil sie für das Fachliche ganz einfach zu doof sind.