newspaper_xh template

Please post the URLs to pages, where you've made a CMSimple template available for download

Moderator: mikey

Tata

newspaper_xh template

Post by Tata » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:09 pm

I have created this template as a template for various types of e-newspaper, blogs, comment-pages etc. So far it's tested in all known browsers (mostly on MAC). As there are used responsive units "vw, vh", some features won't work on Windows Safari ( read more here ).
The template is not entirely finished and can be used also as a startpoint for anyone willing to shape it further. I hope the structue and indentation both in template and stylesheet are explanatory enough.
Standardly, the "Menu Button" is hidden by admin menu bar. There are two solutions:
1. Use "Sitemap" instead
2. Change the z-index value

Code: Select all

/* PAGE FUNCTIONS & SOCIALL MEDIA */
.right-side{
	z-index: 1000;
	}
You may also play with

Code: Select all

.content-in{
-moz-column-count: 3;
-moz-column-gap: 2vw;
-webkit-column-count: 2;
-webkit-column-gap: 3vw;	
}
[ external image ]

(DL link on the [url=http://newspaper_xh.cmsimple.sk]website[/url]).

NOTE: Pure HTML5 video tag doesn't work on iPad, iPhone, until the video is not packed in a DIV (safer as <DIV><VIDEO>...</VIDEO></DIV>). Much easier is to use encode4web for right video formats conversion and Video_XH plugin for correct call construction.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Re: newspaper_xh template

Post by cmb » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:15 am

Tata wrote:Much easier is to use encode4web for right video formats conversion […]
I have ceased the development and distribution of encode4web a while ago. One reason was that the distribution of ffmpeg.exe has some legal concerns, and I'd rather avoid such issues. I recommend using another tool for conversion. XMediaRecode seems to be a reasonable alternative.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH