structure1_black

Please post the URLs to pages, where you've made a CMSimple template available for download

Moderator: mikey

Tata

structure1_black

Post by Tata » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:53 pm

After some diskussion with Mikey, here is a template with almost fluent responsivity. I tried to make the template as comprehensible as possible. Studying its structure both in template.htm and styhlesheet.csc, I hope you will understand how such templates are built. Any feedback is appreciated.
[ external image ]
DEMO & DOWNLOAD
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

svasti

Re: structure1_black

Post by svasti » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi Tata,
interesting template.
If I may be allowed to give some suggestions for improvement, here they are:
  • The menu has only toc(1) and no bread crumbs locator. So if you are on a 2nd level page, you have no indication were you are on the site. Especially when a visitor is on a 3rd level page, he is certainly lost in the page structure. I'd suggest to implement at least locator()
  • You use $txc['template']['text1'] and $txc['template']['text3']. Any reason you don't use $txc['template']['text2']? And you don't use sitename(). Why not?
    I' suggest to change $txc['template']['text1'] to sitename() and $txc['template']['text3'] to "text1"
  • You introduce a newsbox "blockquote" for some kind of slogan. Why not use $txc['template']['text2'] instead?
  • The text of $txc['template']['text3'] (='Text 3 for templates requiring this text') doesn't fall nicely on small screens, part of it will be positioned on top of the menu
  • You start with: <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Nixie+One', but the font is not used in your stylesheet and on your template. Why?
Hope you don't mind these remarks on an otherwise interesting work
svasti

Tata

Post by Tata » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:17 pm

Thanks a lot, it was bubilt on an another starting template, so I have overseen some remnants. Immediately will follow the correcture.
As to the blockquote - I made it intentionally in newsbox, so the beginners won't need to enter configuration files. But the txt variable could be used there too. I probably would prefer some comments in template files explaining which sollutions may be used there.

Thanks again.

EDIT: UPDATED - incl. DOWNLOAD
CMSimple.sk

svasti

Post by svasti » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Tata

Post by Tata » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:27 am

Now also a light version available. Small improvements made in both versions.
Download: structure1_black.zip
Download: structure1_light.zip
CMSimple.sk