The future of CMSimple_XH

A place for general not CMSimple related discussions
Korwin

Re: The future of CMSimple_XH

Post by Korwin » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:05 am

https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMSimple Russian Wiki about CMSimple with my notes.

Tata

Post by Tata » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:16 am

To avoid any confusion concerning to CMSimple and CMSimple_XH, it is reasonable to follow links in the footer of this forum.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

Korwin

Post by Korwin » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:45 am

Tata wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:16 am
To avoid any confusion concerning to CMSimple and CMSimple_XH, it is reasonable to follow links in the footer of this forum.
Fixed. All right?

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:02 am

Korwin wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:05 am
https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMSimple Russian Wiki about CMSimple with my notes.
Great!
Благодаря таким плагинам, как RealBlog и RealBlog_XH ограничение на объем сайта и количество страниц снято.
This is not quite true. While Realblog_XH uses an SQLite3 database (as of version 3.0beta6) which supports a basically unlimited amount of blog articles, Realblog still uses a flatfile database (basically a CSV format) which has limitations similar to the main contents file (content.htm). See also viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7918&start=60#p57539.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Korwin

Post by Korwin » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:11 am

Thanks for clarifying, Christoph! I knew CMSimple_XH was better, but it's nice to know It's so much better! Hurray! Yes! Yes! Cool! :D :) :oops: :lol:

Tata

Post by Tata » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:31 am

Well, "better/worse" is a point of individual taste. More important here is the approach of community. Here, I think CMSimple_XH is kind of more flexible, more open, more "democratic". I don't follow the forum of CMSimple. But I am sure the traffic here is more frequent.
CMSimple.sk

Korwin

Post by Korwin » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:37 pm

Tata wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:31 am
Well, "better/worse" is a point of individual taste. More important here is the approach of community. Here, I think CMSimple_XH is kind of more flexible, more open, more "democratic". I don't follow the forum of CMSimple. But I am sure the traffic here is more frequent.
https://www.yandex.ru/search/?lr=54&tex ... 0%B9%D1%82 - The site was created 4 days ago. When searching for Yandex, in the query "Russian site CMSimple_XH" (in Russian, of course), the site has already come in third place on top! CMSimple_XH is the best CMS for small sites!

Tata

Post by Tata » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:23 pm

Korwin wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:37 pm
CMSimple_XH is the best CMS for small sites!
Not only for small sites. I have built a website for a restaurant and the page has about 300 subpages (the whole potential menu and others).
Have a look at http://ukastelana.eu/
CMSimple.sk

Korwin

Post by Korwin » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 am

Tata wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:23 pm
Korwin wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:37 pm
CMSimple_XH is the best CMS for small sites!
Not only for small sites. I have built a website for a restaurant and the page has about 300 subpages (the whole potential menu and others).
Have a look at http://ukastelana.eu/
I have always intuitively considered small sites up to 25 pages, medium - less than 300, large - more than 300.
Thank you, Tata! My respect for XH and you has grown even more, if at all possible!

Question for All:

I remember that some pages with CMSimple_XH plugins and templates disappear temporarily or permanently. Therefore, I want to place on the Russian site CMSimple_XH some of my favorite plugins that work exactly with version 1.7.2. I also want to translate the help file in some plugins to Russian. Of course, the author of the plugin, its page (if it still works) or a link to Github, where you can download the latest version of the plugin, will be mentioned on the page. Do you think it would be right? I also want to make a Russian build of CMSimple_XH. Any objections?

olape

Post by olape » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:55 am

Korwin wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 am
Therefore, I want to place on the Russian site CMSimple_XH some of my favorite plugins that work exactly with version 1.7.2. I also want to translate the help file in some plugins to Russian. Of course, the author of the plugin, its page (if it still works) or a link to Github, where you can download the latest version of the plugin, will be mentioned on the page. Do you think it would be right? I also want to make a Russian build of CMSimple_XH. Any objections?
It might also be a way to provide the developer the help and language files, or you might just offer them separately for download.
This would also be an advantage for you, so it's easier to keep up to date.
Korwin wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:43 am
I remember that some pages with CMSimple_XH plugins and templates disappear temporarily or permanently.
Sadly. :cry:
Gruß Olaf, Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Ich habe schon lange den Verdacht, dass so viele so eifrig auf Gender, Trans und Queer machen:
Weil sie für das Fachliche ganz einfach zu doof sind.