Open Letter To Peter Harteg

A place for general not CMSimple related discussions
mikey
Site Admin

Open Letter To Peter Harteg

Post by mikey » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:49 am

I would like to pass on my personal thanks to Peter , for his personal friendship over the years as well as his work on cmsimple - it was was of the first systems i tried after doing static websites with 100's pages and attempting to get a menu working ...... we all know what i mean :)

we all know that CMSimple is a great script, and this is the sole reason i have made templates for it, for many years....

i will, of course, continue to make templates for cmsimple

take it easy mate, you know where you can find me ;) and i wish the the absolute best on what you decide to do in the future.

cheers
mikey
dotcomwebdesign.com

mikey
Site Admin

Re: Open Letter To Peter Harteg

Post by mikey » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:59 am

amazes me that no one else has passed on their thanks to peter via this thread, since he has advised that he has discontinued cmsimple and handed over to the developers with gpl?

i see lots of posts for advancement for XH, but 107 views here as of now, and not one reply to my 1st thanks post !!!

poor if you ask me :(

mikey

Haketing

Post by Haketing » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:37 am

Good morning,

in the last 2 days I was so busy only once to understand what it means: Reseller and AGPL. Sorry!
Mikey You're right. First of all, thanks to Peter that he has released his baby for all.
His work and time for "nothing" at all. I wish Peter and his family health and a harmonious life,
without 14 hours at the computer. It is time to work less and still get money for the real live.
I can understand him when he has sacrificed too much time for his baby CMSimple and have no more time for anything else.

1. his family
2. his bornholm tunnel project
3. his journeys all over the world
and everything that makes life worth living

CMSIMPLE and DCW give my Business a new Turn to make money.

I ignore the GPL and I still pay Peter 30, - Euro per license as donation.

Now it's our turn to give something back.

Best wishes from Germany
Thomas Hake, who needs to learn better English
haketing.com

LarsEllmauer

Post by LarsEllmauer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:23 am

Hi Mikey,

several people thanked Peter in other threads on that topic, so I don't think you should blame anyone.

Honestly, I don't expect Peter to come here and check for compliments, his last login here was nearly one year ago.

I think everyone who uses CMSimple really appreciates Peter's work, but he did neither contribute to this forum nor to the development of CMSimple in the last months or even years. The way he handled the whole license thing over the last years was not really optimal, I think that this had it's impact on his reputation as well.

Anyways, he created a great system and I think everyone agrees to that.

Cheers,
Lars

mikey
Site Admin

Post by mikey » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:48 am

hi lars

my original post was not intentionally made to gain thanks responses, however, after i thought about it, it takes but 30 seconds to acknowledge peter's moving along and providing everyone with the new license of GPL (no links required)

of course he was never obliged to contribute to this forum, he maintained his own forum for years with 1000's of helpful posts !!!! & only in the last year did he change to his own PAID forum, for which he helped so many that actually paid, what more can you expect from someone that has spent so much of his personal time to a cms script, which WE all use..and continue to use...XH wouldn't exist without the original script (as a side note, the XH is a superb advancement)

my whole response to this was the simple fact no one even bothered to post a thanks !!!!

you say other threads thanked him, i didnt see them, the only one i ever saw was a beat up on XH!!!!

if there are others threads i missed, my apologies :)

from my last 6 months on this forum, all i have really done is:

1. boot heaps of spammers (as admin)
2. copped flack for all of my templates from the VALIDATION gurus !

i have PM'ed this forum's owner to request ADMIN removal, as i don't see how my services can be offered here any longer

it's a pitty, but good luck to XH, like i said, i think it's a great adaptation and moving forward of cmsimple

at the end of the day, i see a poor response on this whole chapter of cmsimple, from all regular members

Mikey
dotcomwebdesign

wosee

Post by wosee » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:08 pm

How can you take this that personal? Of course I appreciate Peter's work a lot, I appreciate your work a lot, I don't think that I have to express that on threads every day. I hope you will carry on with building templates, because you work is great.

However, it's also blemish to write ONE BAD WORD about Peter. I totally understand why he stopped working on CMSimple and we should really cheer him for releasing it under the GPL now. The last years he only had to hunt people who removed the link to CMSimple.dk/org and I think that is not very much fun. But that is the problem with our sciety. I think you have to pay for something you are expected to pay. If you don't, it's burglary. Anyhow. I think nobody should dare to criticise Peter. He's a great guy and an awesome developer.

So if you really read this (maybe someone mails the link to you ;)), THANKS FOR EVERYTHING, YOU'RE AWESOME. Best luck for your family, your work and your future.

mikey
Site Admin

Post by mikey » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 pm

thanks wosee

i do take it personal, as i have been friends with peter since day 1 and made templates for cmsimple X 700 odd

i have also spent literally 1000's of hours also working for $0

regarding hunting down violators !!! i agree 100% with how peter had to manage that, as that was the agreement when people downloaded the script

no doubt this whole thread will get removed soon, so good luck to all, and thanks to those tha thave replied

mikey

LarsEllmauer

Post by LarsEllmauer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:21 pm

this sounds like a good-bye?!?

Tata

Post by Tata » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:24 pm

mikey wrote:what more can you expect from someone that has spent so much of his personal time to a cms script, which WE all use..and continue to use...XH wouldn't exist without the original script
You are right, Mikey in many aspects. There really should have been proper some thanks.
But the CMS script self - without the support of thousands users who shared it around and hundreds who wrote plugins and addons, and made templates as you did - wouldn't be what it became since it had been launched. IMHO the additinal scripts made the CMSimple so popular and attractive.
Nobody writes thanks letters to Thomas Alva Edison today. And without his idea we probably would live in the darkness till today.
I personally express herewith my deepest thank to Peter. His CMSimple opened not only new world for me, Peter helped me also personally a lot in my very beginnings with CMSimple 2.4.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:24 pm

mikey wrote:no doubt this whole thread will get removed soon
Can you give only one example where a thread here was removed?
AFAIK never :!:
mikey wrote:at the end of the day, i see a poor response on this whole chapter of cmsimple
I don't know why you're so upset. But with postings like that - you should not wonder about poor responses.

Holger