CMSimple_XH 1.6 RC

A place for general not CMSimple related discussions
cmb

Re: CMSimple_XH 1.6 RC

Post by cmb » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:56 pm

svasti wrote:Oh, Christoph was faster! So I don't know what has happedn now to the code.
Actually I forgot to commit. ;) Otherwise you would have seen it in your WC resp. got a notice from SVN about a conflict when committing. About the order of the help texts: it's not clear to me, whether we should sort them alphabetically or in the same order as the related config_options.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Post by svasti » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:26 pm

Interesting how different we worded the help notices.
cmb wrote:it's not clear to me, whether we should sort them alphabetically or in the same order as the related config_options.
nor is it to me. It is nice, that blocks are separated by an empty line. What about alphabetically inside a block.
cmb wrote:BTW: any ideas what to do with the metaXY.php files? Nobody else has stated their opinion, yet.
I don't quite understand where exactly would we use this:
cmb wrote:This could be done by adding language strings in the line of:

Code: Select all

$tx['key']['language']="Sprache";
    $tx['key']['default']="Standard";
I wasn't aware that we can have a metaen.php. I am working on it now. Finally we can get rid of "seperator". Until now I am thinking of

Code: Select all

$mtx['external']="Editor Name";
$mtx['seperator']="Separator";
Kind of the last touches before Christmas. Putting 1.6 in nice gift wrap paper.

svasti

Post by svasti » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:41 pm

A problem: $mtx['external'] is used by filebrowser and editor. In case of filebrowser the word "external" should remain, but for editor it is misleading, here something like "editor name" would make more sense. How to do this in metaxx.php?

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:02 pm

svasti wrote:A problem: $mtx['external'] is used by filebrowser and editor. In case of filebrowser the word "external" should remain, but for editor it is misleading, here something like "editor name" would make more sense. How to do this in metaxx.php?
This is one of the problems with the simple draft I've made, see http://cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php? ... 009#p35753.

svasti

Post by svasti » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:28 pm

cmb wrote:This is one of the problems
in most cases the present system is okay, but sometimes differentiation would be nice. Don't know if you can still implement it, otherwise it's for the next edition.

$mtx has a tricky aspect: I wondered why $mtx['path_locator'] didn't show. Ah, $mtx['path locator'] without "_" works.

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:53 pm

svasti wrote:$tx['help']['meta_publisher']="Précise le nom du responsable du site aux moteurs de recherche (optionnel)";
More precise indeed, even if the publisher is the person in charge of the site ;-)
Updated.

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:31 pm

svasti wrote:
cmb wrote:This is one of the problems
in most cases the present system is okay, but sometimes differentiation would be nice. Don't know if you can still implement it, otherwise it's for the next edition.
I had a look at this very issue again, and it seems to me that problem isn't particularly related to metaXY.php, but it's rather a general inconsistency. There are 3 "external" components: the editor, the filebrowser and the pagemanager. Despite they're all "external" (in the sense that they are replaceable plugins), the filebrowser and the pagemanager accept empty entries to choose the defaults, but the editor will not use a WYSIWYG editor in this case.

However, why not simply work around this problem and use "Name" in metade.php and metaen.php? That should be understandable, if we adjust the help texts slightly.

Anyway, I would prefer to get more feedback from users and translators about this feature (metaXY.php). I'm still not convinced that it's a good idea to translate the config and language keys, and even more so, I doubt that the current simple solution is viable (there may be some languages which need a more fine tuned solution).

svasti

Post by svasti » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:46 pm

cmb wrote:why not simply work around this problem and use "Name" in metade.php and metaen.php?
Actually I had also that idea, but wanted to know what you think about it.
cmb wrote:I would prefer to get more feedback from users
rather difficult, as there are no real users yet, only daring testers.

I find that the present metaxx.php implementation is a big step forward. In short: I like it.

Config or language key which are not immediately clear, can be given a better name (Separator instead of seperator). This is a step forward.

svasti

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:07 pm

svasti wrote:
cmb wrote:I would prefer to get more feedback from users
rather difficult, as there are no real users yet, only daring testers.
Then I suggest to stick with the current solution for now.

Bob

Post by Bob » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Then, we have to translate metade for xh 1.6.0 or not ? ;-)