Problem with EE character

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
Tata

Problem with EE character

Post by Tata » Tue May 10, 2016 5:00 pm

I am sure slowly boring. But I have found another problem which I have never experienced. I have defined

Code: Select all

$tx['urichar']['new']="a,a,e,e,i,o,o,o,u,u,u,y,c,d,l,l,n,r,r,s,t,z,A,A,E,E,I,O,O,O,U,U,U,Y,C,D,L,L,N,R,R,S,T,Z";
$tx['urichar']['org']="á,ä,é,ě,í,ó,ô,ö,ú,ů,ü,ý,č,ď,ľ,ĺ,ň,ŕ,ř,š,ť,ž,Á,Ä,É,Ě,Í,Ó,Ô,Ö,Ú,Ů,U,Ý,Č,Ď,Ľ,Ĺ,Ň,Ŕ,Ř,Š,Ť,Ž"; 
Everything works fine until I use the " ľ " or "Ľ" character in any heading. If there is the character, the page is not found.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

cmb

Re: Problem with EE character

Post by cmb » Tue May 10, 2016 7:20 pm

Tata wrote:I have defined

Code: Select all

$tx['urichar']['new']="a,a,e,e,i,o,o,o,u,u,u,y,c,d,l,l,n,r,r,s,t,z,A,A,E,E,I,O,O,O,U,U,U,Y,C,D,L,L,N,R,R,S,T,Z";
$tx['urichar']['org']="á,ä,é,ě,í,ó,ô,ö,ú,ů,ü,ý,č,ď,ľ,ĺ,ň,ŕ,ř,š,ť,ž,Á,Ä,É,Ě,Í,Ó,Ô,Ö,Ú,Ů,U,Ý,Č,Ď,Ľ,Ĺ,Ň,Ŕ,Ř,Š,Ť,Ž";
As of CMSimple_XH 1.6 the delimiter for urichar_org/new is a bar (|), and not a comma (,). That most likely explains why it doesn't work as expected. However, I don't know why there is a problem with certain characters, because no replacement should be done by CMSimple_XH, and usually UTF-8 encoded characters are supposed to work in URLs (they don't look nice, though).
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Re: Problem with EE character

Post by Tata » Wed May 11, 2016 6:06 am

Tjank you, Chris. I originally had this values not defined and while trying to find the reason, I have simply copied them from another older webpage on my localhost without checking the version. :-( I evidently need some break. Last Two weeks were to hectic.
Anyway, two webpages are almost ready for re-upload and editting:
http://warhol-qc.cmsimple.sk
http://cmg.cmsimple.sk
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.