Admin toolbars & plugins toolbars collors

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
Tata

Admin toolbars & plugins toolbars collors

Post by Tata » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:55 am

I think about the way how to make the stylig of all admin areas independent from the main styleshet.css settings.
When I make a "negative" tempalte, I often face the problem, that the links and/or labels in admin area both of CMSimple and plugins are not/bad visible because of bright colors.
Setting:

Code: Select all

form{color: black}
helps and the labels used in plugins forms is readable. But if there is e.g.:

a,a:link,a:visited{color: #white;}
a:focus,a:active,a:hover{	color: yellow;}
the links (view mode, validate links,... plugins, meta_tags etc.) are also white a bad readable.

It would be fine if there would be a seting that would be standard both for CMSimple admin area and any used plugin/addon admin area. Just like it is with other editors. Regardless on what color scheme is used in edited document, the editor environment is always the same.
I know that these settings are possible in FCKeditor settings. But if I want use more templates on one website and one of these templates is "negative", the problem is here again. ALso it would be safer and easier for an enduser, if it wouldn't be necessary in such cases to modify FCKeditor settings.

Or maybe I am wrong and there is available some setting directly in main stylesheet.css?

EDIT
I think, I've found a way:
1. I have removed hardcoded style from

$t = '<div style="margin: 0 0 6px 0; font-size: 14px; color: #333; text-align: center; border: 1px solid #f60; background: #eed; padding: 2px 8px; ">'.CMSIMPLE_XH_VERSION.'&nbsp;&nbsp;Build: '.CMSIMPLE_XH_BUILD.'&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="http://www.cmsimple-xh.de/english/"><b>INFO &raquo;</b></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="http://www.cmsimple-xh.de/faq/"><b>FAQ &raquo;</b></a></div>';
in cms.php and raplaced it by

id="cms_version"
2. I put in stylesheet.css

#cms_version{margin: 0 0 6px 0; font-size: 14px; color: #333; text-align: center; border: 1px solid #f60; background: #eed; padding: 2px 8px; }
table.edit a:link,table.edit a:visited,#cms_version a:link,#cms_version a:visited{color:blue}
table.edit a:active,table.edit a:hover,#cms_version a:active,#cms_version a:hover{color:red}
Now the admin area seems to be independent from other stylesheet.css settings.

I think then, that any hardcoded styling should be removed from cms.php, admin.php, maybe also from pluginloader and placed either in a separated css file.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.