Reusable CAPTCHAS

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Re: Reusable CAPTCHAS

Post by cmb » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi Holger,

I've found encMailXH, which serves the same purpose as reCAPTCHA's Mailhide, and which does the obfuscation of the mail addresses automatically! I hadn't thought of this possibility :roll:

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:43 pm

cmb wrote:Hi Holger,

I've found encMailXH, which serves the same purpose as reCAPTCHA's Mailhide, and which does the obfuscation of the mail addresses automatically! I hadn't thought of this possibility :roll:

Christoph
Hi Christoph,

yes, I forgot about that plugin. OTOH I'm not sure if such a plugin is necessary at all, because (F)CKeditor has an inbuild mail-obfuscation function. It's just not activated by default.
IMO this function works similar to Manuels plugin.

So you schould not think any longer about Mailhide. If a user want that feature, he can create the code online on their website.

About reCaptcha:
I've checked your doku this afternoon online but cant find a description on how to integrate :?:

KR
Holger

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Ahh, now I made a download and a look at the code.
I've found the examples - but even if it's really simple to integrate with small PHP-knowledge- you should write some words about how to include for other developers.
And maybe a short hint for the Enduser how to get the API-keys.

BTW: you compare constants from Tetris-XH in admin.php ;) .

Holger

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Hi Holger,

AFAIK (F)CKeditors mail obfuscation will only work for mailto: links (http://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/2220). And even this might have some problems. Manus plugin works for "normal" mail addresses too, by inserting several <span style="display:none"> in between, which seems to be a good protection according to http://techblog.tilllate.com/2008/07/20 ... -compared/. And manus Plugin does it by automatically preg_replace()ing mail addresses on the served page ($c[$s]).
Holger wrote:I've checked your doku this afternoon online but cant find a description on how to integrate
I guess you've checked the help.htm. That doesn't tell how the integration to other plugin works (besides a rather unobtrusive link in the prolog; I will change that). You should have a look at http://www.cmsimple-xh.com/wiki/doku.ph ... ha_plugins.
Holger wrote:And maybe a short hint for the Enduser how to get the API-keys.
help.htm wrote:To get the required keys for reCAPTCHA you have to create a Google Account, if you do not already have one. Then you have to sign up and create the keys.
Isn't that enough?
Holger wrote:BTW: you compare constants from Tetris-XH in admin.php
:oops:

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH