Detection of Secondary Language Folders

Discussions and requests related to new CMSimple features, plugins, templates etc. and how to develop.
Please don't ask for support at this forums!
cmb

Detection of Secondary Language Folders

Post by cmb » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Hello Community,

there were two reports about strange files, that were suddenly created, e.g. cmsimple/languages/js.php and cmsimple/languages/jsconfig.php (see http://www.cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4717 and http://www.cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4697). It was not totally clear, what has caused the creation of those files, but the files were obviously created by CMSimple_XH resp. the plugin loader as copies of the default language files. So it seems, the secondary language detection is a bit oversensitive.

Gert suggested to change the detection of secondary languages from the previous check for 2 character folders to something like it's done as for subsites. I think that's basically a good idea. Shall we do so for CMSimple_XH? Another pro: CMSimple_XH could than be installed in folders with 2 characters.

The drawback: after updating to the first version of CMSimple_XH that integrates the modified detection, all secondary language folders of the site have to be added the empty file that signals the secondary language.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Re: Detection of Secondary Language Folders

Post by svasti » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:01 am

Seems to be a consitent way of handling subsites and secondary languages to me. If it improves stability, and it seems that it does, we could do it. Roadmap for 1.6?

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:16 pm

svasti wrote:Roadmap for 1.6?
I'd already put it on the roadmap for 1.5.4 yesterday. But of course, it could be moved.

BTW: shouldn't we set a deadline for new ideas for 1.5.4? Otherwise it might never be released ;)

svasti

Post by svasti » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:56 pm

cmb wrote:BTW: shouldn't we set a deadline for new ideas for 1.5.4? Otherwise it might never be released ;)
Yes. Gert -- it seems to me -- was so annoyed with our slowness that he now is building his own CMSimple-raceboat.

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Well, setting a deadline for new ideas and actually releasing the new version are two very different animals. ;) As far as I'm concerned, we should release 1.5.4 in a few weeks.

Gert

Post by Gert » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:48 am

svasti wrote:Gert -- it seems to me -- was so annoyed with our slowness that he now is building his own CMSimple-raceboat.
:lol: - No - I just have used some code from my Pluginmanager for TemplateSwitch_XH 2.0, and found a small problem regarding the POST Data handling. That's why I also have made ​​a new version of CMSimpleCoAuthors.

On this occasion, I also have realized a few things from my (3-5 points comprehensive ;) ) roadmap.

The development speed of CMSimpleCoAuthors is very much slower than the development speed of CMSimple_XH (and so it shall be). But my advantage is, that I have not to discuss every detail (and, of course, my small roadmap). So I can make my own (quick) decisions,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 am

Hello Community,

I'm not sure, if a strenghtened check for secondary language folders is still necessary, because we already fixed a loophole for CMSimple_XH 1.5.7, and consitency with subsites is no issue anymore, as these will be dropped for XH 1.6. But as it was voted upon, I have now added a check for a file .2lang which has to be put in a second language folder (and I have put it in 2lang/).

However, turning that back should be simple in the future, as I have centralized this check as XH_isLanguageFolder() which is now used all over the core.

Christoph