Captcha works in IE, Chrome, but NOT in Firefox

General questions about CMSimple
jwndev

Captcha works in IE, Chrome, but NOT in Firefox

Post by jwndev » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi guys,

I installed the Advancedform_XH and create a contact form by copying the existing 'contact' form. I only kept some of these fields - Name, email, phone, message, and captcha.

I keep getting captch wrong code message and form is not submitted.

[ external image ]

Any suggestions are appreciated.

thank you!

jwn

jwndev

Re: Captcha works in IE, Chrome, but NOT in Firefox

Post by jwndev » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:09 am

PS:

I have installed and used the crypographp_xh instead and it looks working fine in both IE and FF.

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi jwndev,
jwndev wrote:I have installed and used the crypographp_xh instead and it looks working fine in both IE and FF.
Cryptographp_XH 1beta1 shouldn't work with newer versions of Advancedform_XH at all! :o As I wrote in http://www.cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic. ... a&start=30:
cmb wrote:PS: Cryptographp_XH 1beta1 doesn't work with Advanceform_XH 1beta8! This will be changed in the next version of Crypthgraphp_XH, which will be released ASAP.
And I still have not released a compatible version after more than 6 months! :oops:

So I suppose you're using Advancedform 1beta7 <EDIT>earlier versions didn't support alternative captchas at all</EDIT>. If so: please update to the latest Advancedform_XH 1beta12. The integrated Captcha works for me on FF 11.0. Recaptcha_XH might work (to be honest: I haven't tested it since quite a while). Cryptographp_XH 1beta1 does not work.

About the neglected Captcha plugins: I still like the idea of having exchangable Captchas (not only for Advancedform_XH, but for other plugins as well). Unfortunately there's very few interest in those. But anyway: I'll release Cryptographp_XH 1beta2 probably tomorrow, and will check, if Recaptcha_XH still works with Advancedform_XH 1beta12.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi jwndev,

my information in the last post was not correct. I made a change to the interface of the captcha plugins from Advancedform_XH 1beta7 to 1beta8, but this didn't affect Cryptographp_XH 1beta1. I'll make a new release with some improvements tomorrow nonetheless.

So it's quite likely that you're using the current version of Advancedform_XH, what raises the question, why the built-in captcha doesn't work for you in FF. I have no clue what might be wrong :?

If Cryptographp_XH works fine for you, I guess that's a viable workaround. But please note, that the cryptographp captchas are not accessible for visually impaired people, as no alternative audio captcha is available, and a screenreader is not able to read the image.

Christoph

jwndev

Post by jwndev » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:15 pm

cmb wrote:Hi jwndev,

my information in the last post was not correct. I made a change to the interface of the captcha plugins from Advancedform_XH 1beta7 to 1beta8, but this didn't affect Cryptographp_XH 1beta1. I'll make a new release with some improvements tomorrow nonetheless.

So it's quite likely that you're using the current version of Advancedform_XH, what raises the question, why the built-in captcha doesn't work for you in FF. I have no clue what might be wrong :?

If Cryptographp_XH works fine for you, I guess that's a viable workaround. But please note, that the cryptographp captchas are not accessible for visually impaired people, as no alternative audio captcha is available, and a screenreader is not able to read the image.

Christoph
Hi Christoph,

I am using Advancedform_XH Version: 1beta11 and Cryptographp_XH 1beta1. I just test it again in both IE and FF. It does work. That's sweet. :) It's alright at this moment for me to use Cryptographp_XH. Thank you for the head-up regarding its limitation.

jwndev

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Hi jwndev,

it took me way longer than expected to release Cryptographp_XH 1beta2, but now it's available.

Christoph

jwndev

Post by jwndev » Fri May 04, 2012 3:38 pm

cmb wrote:Hi jwndev,

it took me way longer than expected to release Cryptographp_XH 1beta2, but now it's available.

Christoph
Thank you very much, Christoph! I highly appreciate it.