CMSimple_XH 1.5.1 -- January 3rd, 2012

General questions about CMSimple
cmb

CMSimple_XH 1.5.1 -- January 3rd, 2012

Post by cmb » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:13 am

CMSimple_XH 1.5.1 is available, see http://www.cmsimpleforum.com/viewtopic. ... 983#p23983

Hello dear community,

after a long time of development CMSimple_XH 1.5 is finally available as beta version for public download.

The main reason for CMSimple_XH 1.5beta was that the development of the FCKeditor was ceased, and it's successor CKeditor is actually a totally new editor. As CKeditor doesn't offer a freeware filemanager, basically we had the free choice – it wouldn't have been easier to integrate CKeditor, as any other editor.

So we have decided upon tinyMCE. Martin wrote an own filebrowser, so that we are independent of the providers of the editors, who offer their filemanagers only against charge. As Martin has done the integration of tinyMCE and the new admin menu, everything should run smoothly together. Many thanks to Martin, who has done the most difficult parts of CMSimple_XH 1.5beta.

Besides the new editor, the new file browser and the new admin menu CMSimple_XH 1.5beta features a new page manager, which allows the management of the page structure, e.g. the creation, renaming and deletion of pages in a more convenient way. Many thanks to Christoph (whom you certainly know as "cmb"), that he made his plugin "Pagemanager" available for CMSimple_XH without fee.

And here's the summary of the most important new features:
  • New editor tinyMCE with the choice of 3 toolbar variants (minimal, medium and full)
  • New, own file browser (create and delete folders, upload and delete files, insert images and download links into CMSimple_XH)
  • New admin menu (fixed at the top of the screen – no disturbance in view mode)
  • New default language files (in English), which complement incomplete language files resp. from which CMSimple_XH can create missing language files (in English), if the language folders are writeable
  • New page manager (Plugin "Pagemanager") - easily create, rename, delete and move pages
  • Additional languages may have an own template and password – quite easily in the back-end under Settings => CMSimple => Website
  • E-mail form with Captcha that can be disabled
  • Server-Backups of content.htm and pagedata.php now also for second languages
  • and much more
I'm sure I've forgot quite something and I'll add this here, when it comes to my mind.

The download is not (yet) available on sourceforge.net, to stress again, that CMSimple_XH 1.5 beta is exclusively released for testing purposes.

Download: http://www.cmsimple-xh.de/dlcount/count.php?id=16

Again many thanks to all, who have participated in CMSimple_XH 1.5beta. Enjoy the testing – we're looking forward to you're feedback,

The CMSimple_XH Team
Last edited by cmb on Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

jerry

Re: CMSimple_XH 1.5 beta

Post by jerry » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi Christoph

Tinymce was succesfully integrated in CMsimple in many years and with more futures then is included in CMSimple 1.5 beta. One of the great futures are lists of all pages on the site and of all pictures in images folder so it is possible to link to pages and to insert images on a page directly from tinymce panel. Holger developed a beatyfull file manager to tinymce which seems to have much more options then the one supplied now.

So I wonder why CMSimple_XH Team doesn't use an existing version of tinymce whch can be downloaded form wiki. I did it for many years ago and I'm still using it and from time to time I update to a new version of tinymce on their site.
jerry
jerry/simplesolutions

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi Jerry,

thanks for your feedback. :)
jerry wrote:Tinymce was succesfully integrated in CMsimple in many years and with more futures then is included in CMSimple 1.5 beta.
You're absolutely right. This has two reasons:
1. we've designed a new interface for editors and filebrowsers to give the users the possibility to choose whatever combination of editor and filebrowser they want, which will be used consistently throughout the whole system, and to give plugin authors the possibility to use the user configured editor whenever they need one by a simple function call! And you should note, that the editors are now integrated as real plugins, instead of the former solution, to put an EDITOR.php to the cmsimple/ folder. This should ease installing and uninstalling different editors for testing purposes.
2. in the hurry to make available a first beta for testing purposes, we simply forgot :roll: to include all currently available features. Those will be made available with the next release. AFAIK only one feature is missing yet: the dropdown list of the images.
jerry wrote:Holger developed a beatyfull file manager to tinymce which seems to have much more options then the one supplied now.
Again you're absolutely right. But hi_kcfinder has a single, but important drawback: it requires PHP5. That might not seem a big problem, but quite some sites are currently running under PHP4. And we didn't want to increase the requirements for being able to use CMSimple_XH right now. So Martin took the burden to develop a simple (but IMO still very useful) alternative filebrowser, that will run everywhere. This will be the default filebrowser delivered with CMSimple_XH 1.5, but it will be possible to replace it easily with any conforming alternative. Currently Martin and Holger are working on the details of the interface to use hi_kcfinder (and other filebrowsers that might be developed) from the user configured editor. "The user configured editor?" you might ask – currently there's only tinyMCE available! But Holger's already working on CKeditor (the successor of FCKeditor), and the new editor interface should make it easy to integrate other editors as well. For a very lightweight alternative I'm currently investigating on the whizzywig editor.

So please be patient – it surely will take some days to come up with the requested improvements, but we wanted to present the changes for CMSimple_XH 1.5 as early as possible, to get feedback of the community and the developers.
cmb wrote:I'm sure I've forgot quite something
And you can bet, that we've "forgot" quite something (yet!) ;)

Christoph

Gert

Post by Gert » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:32 am

jerry wrote:Tinymce was succesfully integrated in CMsimple in many years and with more futures then is included in CMSimple 1.5 beta. One of the great futures are lists of all pages on the site and of all pictures in images folder so it is possible to link to pages and to insert images on a page directly from tinymce panel.
Just to avoid misunderstandings: Both is possible with the new TinyMCE, and more.

Images: Click the "insert images" button and then the button right beside "Image URL", and the filemanager opens and is linked with the images folder. Now you can change directory, create or delete subdirectories, upload, delete or insert images etc. And you have small preview thumbs by hover an image of the list.

CMSimple Pages: Click the "Create link" Button, and then click the button right beside "Link List", and you will have a list of all CMSimple pages for internal links.

Download Links: Click the "Create link" Button, and then click the button right beside "Link URL", the filebrowser opens and is linked with the downloads folder, to create a download link.
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

Martin

Post by Martin » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:27 am

Hmm, I do see a drop-downlist of images - as soon as I have at least one image in my images folder.

Just to mention two more features of the filebrowser: You can rename files as well (after a double-cklick on the filename) and it should check if the file is used somewhere in your content before it lets you delete or rename a file. But anyway, those who have PHP 5 will soon be able to switch to KCFinder.

Martin

jerry

Post by jerry » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:18 pm

The optional images and pages list in "old" tinymce implementation with images and pages dropdowns
[ external image ].
This two dropdowns was easy to use, even for people that became nervouse hearing a word file manager.

The file manager was a java plugin to tinymce called Ajaxfilemanger. I belive that it was Holger that found/made it. It could be used to manage images and with small corrections to manage all files on the site and real flexible and versatile tool.

I'm missing this two tools in implementation of tinymce in version 1.5.
jerry/simplesolutions

EDIT
It was Klaus Treichler that supplied this plugin back in 2008
[ external image ]
jerry/simplesolutions

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi Jerry,

in the currently available version of tinyMCE for CMSimple_XH 1.5beta those dropdowns are available in the insert/edit link resp. image dialogs. One more mouse click, but less space for the toolbar.
jerry wrote:called Ajaxfilemanger. I belive that it was Holger that found/made it
AFAIK the Ajaxfilemanager was found and integrated by Klaus Treichler, but AFAIK he unfortunately didn't work on this anymore for quite a while. But it should possible to reintegrate the Ajaxfilemanager as a plugin for CMSimple_XH 1.5.

Christoph

jerry

Post by jerry » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi Christoph
I can live with dropdowns moved to files. You can actualy see images too. But I will miss ajaxfile manager, so i hope it can be implemented as optional fielmanager so I don't have to change code on every new version of CMSimple_XH. It still does the work.
jerry/simplesolutions
jerry/simplesolutions

cmb

CMSimple_XH 1.5 RC - 20.11.2011

Post by cmb » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Hello CMSimple Community,

many thanks for the vital discussion and participation so far. The beta phase is over -- we announce CMSimple_XH 1.5 RC.

For all of those, who don't know about the versioning nomenclature: RC is the abbreviation of "Release Candidate", i.e. the extent of features and funtionality is fixed. Until the final release merely bugs will be fixed or existing functionality optimised or improved.

Still the RC is recommended exclusively for testing purposes.

So additional feature request are misplaced here. Please post these in a new thread, so that we might consider them after careful examination and discussion in a following release.

Here were looking forward to your test results, bug reports (even if we wish, that there will be none) and of course to any kind of compliment or reprehension, preferably objective.

Download: deactivated - CMSimple_XH 1.5 RC2 is available: http://www.cmsimple-xh.de/dlcount/count.php?id=18

The most important changes 1.5beta => 1.5RC:
  • Additional languages and subsites can have an own address for the mail form
  • Editor, file browser and page manager could be chosen in the configuration (leave empty for the default)
  • Improved file browser
  • Improved language files
  • New help information for the configuration options
  • CMSimple scripting and the plugin call will be evaluated even in news boxes. Only for news boxes (because of backward compatibility) there's a new feature: multiple CMSimple scriptings are allowed on a single page
  • The search function was improved:
    • CMSimple scripting and the plugin call will be evaluated
    • HTML tags will removed
    • The search is done for every single word (as it's done by google and in this forum)
  • Improvement of many more details
Again many thanks to all who have testet and discussed CMSimple_XH 1.5 beta. Now enjoy testing 1.5 RC -- we're looking forward to your feedback.

The CMSimple_XH Team

cmb

Re: CMSimple_XH 1.5 RC2 - 23.10.2011

Post by cmb » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:22 pm

Hello CMSimple Community,

actually a small frailty was found, that already existed in CMSimple classic. It concerns the editing of the language files from CMSimple's back-end.

So we have revised all language files und made some changes to the core.

To avoid, that the translators will translate the wrong language files, we have decided, to release a RC2 immediately and to deactivate the download of the RC.

Download CMSimple_XH 1.5 RC2: http://www.cmsimple-xh.de/dlcount/count.php?id=18

Enjoy testing -- we're looking forward to your feedback,

Das CMSimple_XH Team