CMSimple LE - any informations?

General questions about CMSimple
oldnema

Re: CMSimple LE - any informations?

Post by oldnema » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:49 am

My God, this must be why this public discussion?
Serves to promote the CMSimple (+ modification)??
How much money should I send, and who (Gert?) (Deutschmark?) that this discussion only private?
Thank you for advertising for new users. I guess I'm too old for this debate - are more important things in life?

P.S.
I like CMSimple (without extensions)!

Josef
Nobody knows how much time he has left ...
http://oldnema.compsys.cz/en/?Demo_templates

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:03 am

Holger wrote:Aber irgendwann ist einfach mal Schluss. Es wird nicht besser, wenn man die Sache nur aussitzt.
I'm not suggesting to ride this out. I'm suggesting to do what we can do best. We are no politicians, no diplomats, no lawyers---we are web developers. So we should concentrate on our business. I'm quite sure, that no user cares about the name of the CMS he's using---they care about the features, the stability and the usability. No user will care, if Wordpress is renamed to Pressword tomorrow. They will upgrade, if it brings an advantage.
Gert wrote:Aber ich habe mittlerweile ein Problem damit. Und wenn da irgend etwas "geheimnisvolles" passiert, will ich nicht wieder unter Verdacht stehen,
I'm still sorry about the unjustified accusation I've made some months ago. It was due to an overhasty conclusion---I'll strive to be more careful in the future to avoid quick shots. But if you still want to be your admin rights to be revoked, that's of course your decision, which should be respected.
Gert wrote:jede Menge cmsimple.tld Domains wie selbstverständlich in den CMSimple_XH Kosmos integriert sind.
These domains are properties of their respective owners. Which projects they're linking is their business. Being a part of the CMSimple_XH community doesn't pose any obligations on the members. It's even acceptable if they run their site with Joomla, if they prefer to do so.
Last edited by cmb on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed typo
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Gert

Post by Gert » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:12 am

Holger wrote:Warum mischst Du Dich noch immer bei XH ein
Hast Du noch nicht geschnallt, dass ich mich ÜBERHAUPT NICHT MEHR bei CMSimple_XH einmische? Hier geht es um CMSimple Classic, CMSimple LE und CMSimple 3.5, den Rest hast Du verursacht.
cmb wrote:It's even acceptable if they run their site with Joomla, if they prefer to do so.
I was not speaking about the technical base of that websites, but about the contents.

If on a cmsimple.tld website may be CMSimple_XH content, so a cmsimple-xh domain also can provide CMSimple contents,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:26 am

Hi Josef,

this discussion should neither be public nor private. It simply shouldn't be at all! As you and others already have stated many times, it's simply pointless.
oldnema wrote:I like CMSimple (without extensions)!
I like the name without extensions---not so much the software (at least "classic" CMSimple). But it's probably the best, if different variants mark themselves clearly as such; this might help to reduce the confusion for users. But of course all these variants are part of a single family IMO. After nearly 10 years of CMSimple the family has already grown much, and it'll probably continue to grow in the future---a pedigree as in "real life": some branches die, others grow, some might even evolve to something quite different from the originator...

IMO the best everybody could do is to help each other or at least to not hinder each other in going our way. And not to confuse users.

Christoph

cmb

Post by cmb » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 am

Gert wrote:If on a cmsimple.tld website may be CMSimple_XH content, so a cmsimple-xh domain also can provide CMSimple contents
Yes, of course. Every domain is property of its respective owner, so he's the one who decides (and has to take responsibility) about the contents. And as I've already written in a PM: I absolutely tolerate your ownership of cmsimple-xh.com and cmsimple-xh.de.

To avoid confusion: I'm speaking for myself. I'm not the maker of CMSimple_XH, nor do I want to be. I'm just a part of the CMSimple_XH community---and I'm very proud being a part of it.

Tata

Post by Tata » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 am

To stop once for ever this type of unnecessary and ineffective tensions, is there a chance for common and widely beneficial consensus? Is there a will to drop away some waste and debatable grounded demands?
Would these be a fair rules?

[ external image ]
The CMSimple is with reasonable importance indubitably defined (both in the text or by original logo). There will never be any doubt what is the genealogical line of any future version, variation, fork etc. But here I would suggest a point that EITHER the "CMSimple" OR the original logo MUST be used in any desired combination. This approach will leave enough space for individual creativity and still point to CMSimple as the very basic ground.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Tata wrote:To stop once for ever this type of unnecessary and ineffective tensions, is there a chance for common and widely beneficial consensus? Is there a will to drop away some waste and debatable grounded demands?
Would these be a fair rules?

[ external image ]
I think this would be fair rules and I am personally willing to follow them, of course ;-)

But I will not promise that I always write the full name. I have permission to use a lot of documentation written for CMSimple and I don't want to rewrite it all. In other situations it must be most practical to write CMSimple to save space or time or when it refers to all versions of CMSimple.

This is a gentleman agreement I think we all should agree to.

However, I think we all also need to understand what it really means to license CMSimple under GNU GPLv3 without further restrictions as we all do. The user simply has the rigtht to distribute and modify copies even using the exact same name and the exact same version number. He or she just have to make a copyright note telling he ore she has modified the code. If someone wants to protect the name of his version it can be done accordingly to section 7 in the license or by getting a trade mark.

Bjorn

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:31 pm

Gert wrote: Hast Du noch nicht geschnallt, dass ich mich ÜBERHAUPT NICHT MEHR bei CMSimple_XH einmische?
Doch, hab' ich:
http://www.cmsimple-xh.com
http://www.cmsimple-xh.de
denn:
Gert wrote: Nein, es war mein Entgegenkommen, cmsimple-xh.com auf cmsimple-xh.org weiterzuleiten, obwohl jede Menge cmsimple.tld Domains wie selbstverständlich in den CMSimple_XH Kosmos integriert sind.
wo Du mir doch immer wieder gesagt hast, man soll nicht auf anderer Leute Domains schielen.
Gert wrote:den Rest hast Du verursacht
ja klar, wie immer. Ich, oder Christoph, oder Torsten und vielleicht auch bald Björn... Deine Weste war und ist immer wirklich unbeschmutzt gewesen?
Tata wrote:To stop once for ever this type of unnecessary and ineffective tensions, is there a chance for common and widely beneficial consensus? Is there a will to drop away some waste and debatable grounded demands?
Es wäre so einfach, den Streit hier mit uns ein für alle Mal zu beenden:

CMSimple / Gert macht sich Gedanken, sich von Forks wie "Classic" oder zukünftigen Varianten klar abzugrenzen. Der Grund ist einsehbar und die Beachtung gewisser Konventionen würde die Sache auch transparent und nachvollziehbar für User machen. Im Grundsatz kann man (ich) da nur zustimmen!

Aber CMSimple sollte aufhören XH zuzuordnende Domains auf sein eigenes Angebot umzuleiten und dadurch für Chaos anstatt Abgrenzung zu sorgen.
Das trägt in keiner Weise dazu bei, die Situation für Außenstehende durchschaubar zu machen.

Ich kann nicht nachvollziehen, warum das nötig ist. Besonders von einem ehemaligen Teammitglied, welches sich immer als fairer Teamplayer darstellt.
Vielleicht sind diejenigen Admins, die CMSimple.tld Seiten mit XH-Inhalten hosten ja bereit zu Verhandlungen, sofern Sie aktiv bei XH sind.
Tata vielleicht, mit CMSimple.sk?
Der Inhaber vom oben genannten CMSimple.pl wurde damals, soweit ich mich erinnern kann, sogar von Gert selbst in das damalige Team geholt. Ich habe heute keinen Kontakt mehr, Du (Gert) vielleicht?

Ich kann mich sehr genau an eine Diskussion (vermutlich intern?) erinnern, in der ich sinngemäß gefragt habe: "was, wenn Gert eines Tages CMSimple-XH.xxx auf ein anderes Ziel umleitet?" Du hast mir in dem Zusammenhang einiges unterstellt und an den Kopf geworfen um dann (sinngemäß) klar zu stellen: "so etwas würdest Du niemals tun! Du hast XH maßgeblich aus der Wiege gehoben...". (diese Aussagen sind jederzeit belegbar, es dauert nur eine Weile, die ganzen internen Streitereien zu durchforsten. Das wird aber nicht nötig sein, wir erinnern uns sicher alle daran).
Heute ist CMSimple Dein Eigentum, für hartes Geld gekauft und ein kommerzielles Projekt. Und heute ist "niemals" eine verdammt kurze Zeit.
Dein Verhalten enttäuscht mich wirklich sehr. Und ich glaube Dir, dass unser Verhalten Dich vielleicht auch enttäuscht.

Wie gesagt, DU kannst die Streitereien (und es liegt maßgeblich nur daran) auf der Stelle beenden: geb' die XH-Domains an Frank, Christoph, manu, Tata oder mich ab. Verpflichte uns zur ausschließlichen Weiterleitung auf unsere Projektseite ODER auf CMSimple.org. Dann ist der Stress beendet.
Du hast es in der Hand. Stillschweigen ist nicht wirklich die richtige Option, wenn alle gewinnen wollen. Und in der Angelegenheit von Deinem "Entgegenkommen" (s.o.) abhängig zu sein, auf Dauer auch nicht, wie wir alle schmerzlich erfahren konnten.

Ich versteh' Dich nicht. Außer Stress und Ärger bringt Dir das doch nichts und am Ende verlieren alle.

Gert

Post by Gert » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Also eine Einbahnstrasse? So kenn ich Dich :roll:

Klares Angebot:

Ich tausche:

cmsimple-xh.com
cmsimple-xh.de

gegen:

cmsimple.sk
cmsimple.pl
cmsimple.ws
cmsimple.de

Wie ihr das organisiert, ist Euer Problem. Die Betroffenen müssten sich dann eben die entsprechenden cmsimple-xh.tld Domains sichern,

Gert

PS: Diese Domains und weitere wurden auch ursprünglich mal für CMSimple (-Partnerschaft) registriert und sind dann zu CMSimple_XH "mitgenommen worden", wenn ich es auf die Spitze treiben würde, würde ich auch noch cmsimpleforum.com und cmsimplewiki.com mit einbeziehen.
Last edited by Gert on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gert

Post by Gert » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:05 pm

bjorn wrote:The user simply has the rigtht to distribute and modify copies even using the exact same name and the exact same version number.
Do I understand right:

You want to stick with your "CMSimple 3.5 is released." :?:

Gert