A collaborative community is needed

General questions about CMSimple
cmb

Re: A collaborative community is needed

Post by cmb » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:38 pm

Hi Björn,
bjorn wrote:It was only thought as some sort of worst case scenario if we can't find a good solution to the present disagreements about domains and names.
I hope we can. :)
bjorn wrote:But if it is possible to include cmsimpleforum.com, cmsimplewiki.com, cmsimple.de and some cmsimple_xh sites plus sites with templates and plugins
I've written a PM to several of the owners of such sites yesterday, and asked them to participate in this very discussion. I'm still waiting for response of all of them but one, who seems not to be interested in such cooperation at least with me---guess who. ;)

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

CMSimple-Styles.com

Post by CMSimple-Styles.com » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 pm

Because i own the domain www.cmsimple.de, i get almost daily e-mails and phone calls from confused visitors who want to know what the different versions are.

cmb

Post by cmb » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:12 pm

CMSimple-Styles.com wrote:Because i own the domain http://www.cmsimple.de, i get almost daily e-mails and phone calls from confused visitors who want to know what the different versions are.
So it might really a be a good idea to set up a "neutral" site, which explains all that, and to link it from other CMSimple related domains. Of course everybody could give respective information on his own site, but a common site might be more trustworthy for visitors.

cmb

Post by cmb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Hmm, it seems there's not much interest in making such a "neutral" CMSimple portal. :( The best alternative I can come up with, is to use http://cmsimplewiki.com to make such information available, as
cmsimplewiki wrote:This Wiki is independent.
and it's already linked from many other CMSimple related sites.

So I've updated the lists of forks and solutions, and added a short section which links to them. Of course, there should be more detailed information; maybe a single new page might suffice. As it's a wiki and probably all of the concerned parties are already registered there, we might write this information in a collaborative effort. If you agree, what should be the heading of the page? "CMSimple variants"?

CMSimple-Styles.com

Post by CMSimple-Styles.com » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:52 pm

cmb wrote:Hmm, it seems there's not much interest in making such a "neutral" CMSimple portal. :( The best alternative I can come up with, is to use http://cmsimplewiki.com to make such information available, as
cmsimplewiki wrote:This Wiki is independent.
and it's already linked from many other CMSimple related sites.

So I've updated the lists of forks and solutions, and added a short section which links to them. Of course, there should be more detailed information; maybe a single new page might suffice. As it's a wiki and probably all of the concerned parties are already registered there, we might write this information in a collaborative effort. If you agree, what should be the heading of the page? "CMSimple variants"?
Hello CMB, you can remove CMSimple SE from the Wiki, its discontinued. I recommend XH now.

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:37 am

Thanks for the information. :) I haven't removed it, but instead added the info that it's discontinued.

Even if I'm in no position to do this (I'm quite a CMSimple newbie; only here since 2011), I dare to thank you for your efforts with CMSimple SE. IMO it was an important step to make CMSimple more usable, and it has some useful features still missing from CMSimple_XH. I hope these can be ported to XH in the near future. Any helping hand is greatly appreciated.

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Perhaps we should try a different solution. So let me try to ask how many of you site owners are interested in working together?

We can help one another and the users, if we have a common page telling about the different versions and with links to the participating sites etc.

Björn

svasti

Post by svasti » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:23 pm

bjorn wrote:if we have a common page telling about the different versions and with links to the participating sites etc.
good idea, also thought about that. Count me in for cmsimple-xh.org and cmsimple-xh.org/de/

svasti

mikey
Site Admin

Post by mikey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:52 am

how about, cmsimple being true to it's origins ?

P Harteg always has prominent links to everyone,

now, gert is being selfish in his links, seems like he's doing nothing but heartache and bad things to the true cmsimple, simply to make money of all the coders that have made cmsimple what it is today, even after peter sold it

what has Gert contributed to the latest version of cmsimple ??? that is even worthy of a post, yet he monopolizes all!!!! sounds like "apple" to me

it's very dis-heartening when one person, without any contributions at all, to steal the whole community by not giving everyone prominent linking to all forks, templates, ad-dons on his main page

just another rant

wake up gert, you can't progress cmsimple on your own, be true to the project and it's ongoing deveopers, for the communities sake

mikey

Tata

Post by Tata » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:46 am

IMHO:
1. Regardless on which version, fork, package etc. CMSimple users use, this forum is the most visited source of information. So a sticky note about new community website will be quickly accepted.
2. A website with the most general information about all other sources and opened for as many links as the other owners, designers, codres, users will be sure welcome and will soon reach high rank.
3. If under such domain all genereal sources would be placed:
E.g.:
General website
Wiki
Forum
it would be very useful place.

I am not as much afraid of new website name. If there will remain "CMSimple" in it it wouldn't harm anything. And if the domain would be (as suggested in my new template) CMSimpleGroup, the it points to no particular version, fork or mod. Is simply says that the page serves to a group based on some common idea "CMSimple".

All tlds with CMSimplegroup are still available.

And finally my favourite example:
It is not unusual that somewehere a Mrcedes club is opened. It is no SL, SLK, LX or any other Mercedes club. Whoever is looking for any advise concerning his very own car may look in and ask. And he very probably will find someone able to answer question. That's my perspective of CMSimpleGroup website.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.