A collaborative community is needed

General questions about CMSimple
Gert

Re: A collaborative community is needed

Post by Gert » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:19 pm

mikey wrote:what has Gert contributed to the latest version of cmsimple ???
Look here: http://www.cmsimple.org/en/?CMSimple___ ... e_Features
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services

mikey
Site Admin

Post by mikey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Gert wrote:
mikey wrote:what has Gert contributed to the latest version of cmsimple ???
Look here: http://www.cmsimple.org/en/?CMSimple___ ... e_Features
that is no where near on the landing page of 1,000's of your visits.

it's like you want all your visitors to browse your whole site to even find those links

that's no where near good enough for all those people that have made cmsimple what it is

Tata

Post by Tata » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Ooooh, it seems to grow new thread that will only confise, disturb, disgust and disorient the comunity. Please, think about what it is worth.
OTOH, Gert, I read on your website
www.cmsimple.org wrote:Community Templates...
There are thousands of templates for CMSimple available in the www, but sometimes in a horrible code quality.
In the interest of the project CMSimple I will define a few conditions for template designers, who want to offer their templates on cmsimple.org.
CMSimple template designers can offer their templates here, if the following conditions are fulfilled:
All templates have to be delivered with a link "Powered by CMSimple", linking to "www.cmsimple.org".
I fully respect your points what doesn't mean I agree with all of them. But I am confused about the lack of some indisputable information on your new sites.
1. Eventhough you continue in your projects under CMSimple name, the core of your versions has only very limitted relationship to the old CMSimple. It is strong developed on the basics of ***_XH. And all this was achieved with strong support of ***_XH community. Are you ashamed to mention this? Do you feel to be definitely divorced from ***_XH?
2. The templates offered on your site have to be delivered with a link "Powered by CMSimple", linking to "www.cmsimple.org" - why? Only because they are mentioned/downloadable from your website? How about a user of another model of CMSimple??? will just find suitable template by a link on your site but will use it with his own installation other than any of your CMSimple?

Gert, are you definitely sure about not needing the entire old community anymore? Hundreds of members who helped to make CMSimple??? what it is today? Adding questions and feedbacks that heleped to extend features and fix bugs? We have a joke about this: "What's our in common it's mine too. And what's mine it's none of your business". I don't like this approach very much and I don't think the community in general likes it either. It's also a saying "Don't slapp the door you may need to open tomorrow!"
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Tata wrote: We have a joke about this: "What's our in common it's mine too. And what's mine it's none of your business". I don't like this approach very much and I don't think the community in general likes it either. It's also a saying "Don't slapp the door you may need to open tomorrow!"
Tata, these sayings make a lot of sense. It is ok that someone like Gert want to earn a little money, but it is not nice to monopolize the common work of a community.