Upgrade result: only one page

Questions about how to install and problems installing - please read the documentation first!
lillebitte

Upgrade result: only one page

Post by lillebitte » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:42 am

I have tried to upgrade CMSimple_XH 1.6.9 to 1.7.2.
After that I have only on page, all pages are shown on the same first "New page". There is nothing wrong with the display except that there is only that one page.
How come?

lck

Re: Upgrade result: only one page

Post by lck » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:36 pm

lillebitte wrote:I have tried to upgrade CMSimple_XH 1.6.9 to 1.7.2.
Have you made the update as described here under "Upgrade instructions"?
„Bevor du den Pfeil der Wahrheit abschießt, tauche die Spitze in Honig!“   👉 Ludwig's XH-Templates for MultiPage & OnePage

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:28 pm

lck wrote:
lillebitte wrote:I have tried to upgrade CMSimple_XH 1.6.9 to 1.7.2.
Have you made the update as described here under "Upgrade instructions"?
Especially, you have to convert the old content.htm via the Exchange_XH plugin.
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

lillebitte

Post by lillebitte » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Ok, thanks, I'll try that though I am rather sure that the file is utf8 encoded already. As I remember it it is a long time since coding changed to UTF-8, and the FAQ says
Upgrade: if you're running an older version, things are not as straight forward, particularly if you're running a version, that's not UTF-8 encoded (typically all versions before CMSimple_XH 1.2

lillebitte

Post by lillebitte » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:07 pm

I started all over again and copied content.htm to content and utf8migrator to plugins.
No content is shown. I did edit it in an editor in my first try, but did not this time.
In addition nothing is shown when I try to access utf8migrator.
File permissions for folders and files are 755 and 644 respectively.

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:51 pm

lillebitte wrote:I started all over again and copied content.htm to content and utf8migrator to plugins.
No content is shown. I did edit it in an editor in my first try, but did not this time.
In addition nothing is shown when I try to access utf8migrator.
File permissions for folders and files are 755 and 644 respectively.
You don't need utf8migrator. Instead you have to:
  1. Make a backup of the existing site and download everything to your computer
  2. use Exchange_XH to export the content.htm files to content.xml files (detailed instructions are available in the user manual of Exchange_XH); download the content.xml files to your computer
  3. install CMSimple_XH 1.7.0 on your webspace; to get rid of unnecessary files, consider to delete the old installation completely before uploading CMSimple_XH 1.7.0 (you have a backup, don't you?)
  4. use Exchange_XH to import the content.xml files to content.htm files (detailed instructions are available in the user manual of Exchange_XH)
  5. upload the backup of the content/ folder to the new installation (everything except the content.htm files)
  6. upload the backup the second language folders to the new installation
  7. upload the backup of the folder templates/ (or just single template folders) to the new installation
  8. upload the backup of additional plugins to the new installation
  9. upload the backup of all images, downloads and media to the new installation
  10. manually reconfigure Settings->Configuration and Settings->Language
  11. remove the page headings (the top most heading) of all news pages (see user change #2)

lillebitte

Post by lillebitte » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:00 pm

OMG, sorry, how could I miss the right plugin? :(

lillebitte

Post by lillebitte » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 pm

That helped! :)
Now I need to find out how to create new pages. According to the wiki it should still be done with H1, H2 and H3s. But that doesn't create any pages on my installation...

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:48 pm

lillebitte wrote:Now I need to find out how to create new pages. According to the wiki it should still be done with H1, H2 and H3s. But that doesn't create any pages on my installation...
Oops, that page is not up-to-date. Either use the pagemanager (Adminmenu → Pages), or activate $cf['mode']['advanced'] in config.php manually:

Code: Select all

$cf['mode']['advanced']="true";
In the latter case, you can do the page management in the source code mode of the editor (instead of <h1> etc. there are now HTML comments which work basically the same).

lillebitte

Post by lillebitte » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:42 pm

I see, thank you very much!