add a language

Questions about how to install and problems installing - please read the documentation first!
MMellema

Re: add a language

Post by MMellema » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:11 pm

I have tried to change the directory 2lang into EN but this didn't worked out. Now I have the following structure:
/public/sites/www.adritec.nl/2lang

I think I have to rename the 2lang into en en that's all? Or where do I have to copy this directory?

leenm

Post by leenm » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:13 pm

Best is to copy the 2lang folder and rename it "en". (I assume you want the default lang to be dutch). This can be done trough FTP. If you want dutch to be the default language, change "default language" in your site configuration to "nl".

MMellema

Post by MMellema » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:16 pm

No, I have tried it. Now my directory is as follows;
/public/sites/www.adritec.nl/2lang
OK, so the folder 2lang should not be changed!!! But I need to copy the folder and rename this?
EDIT; I worked! Well, well now I know how it works! Thnks for your help. The only aspect is that there is now a standard text, which should be removed. Can I copy my information which was already produced, to my English site?
Last edited by MMellema on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leenm

Post by leenm » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:19 pm

MMellema wrote:OK, so the folder 2lang should not be changed!!! But I need to copy the folder and rename this?
It doesn't matter if you copy the folder and rename it or rename it immediately. A folder with a language code as name will be recognized as another language. If such a folder exists, there's more than one language and the languagemenu is displayed.

Leen

EDIT: When you copy the folder "2lang", you can reuse it when you want to install another language, that's why I said copy and rename instead of just rename.

EDIT2: I see you succeeded, well done.

leenm

Post by leenm » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:29 pm

MMellema wrote:Can I copy my information which was already produced, to my English site?
Just copy the content.htm AND pagedata.php from the folder ./content/ to the folder ./en/. BE SURE YOU COPY BOTH AND KEEP THOSE FILES TOGETHER. Otherwise it will mess up everything.

MMellema

Post by MMellema » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Everythink worked out perfectly! many thanks for your support and your time!
BR,
martijn

leenm

Post by leenm » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:37 pm

Graag gedaan,

Leen