login problems xh

Questions about how to install and problems installing - please read the documentation first!
flukey92

Re: login problems xh

Post by flukey92 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:30 am

Hi Holger / Christoph

i was just thinking about this, welll sort of, basically after saying the php content in the template i simply changed my config to use one of the preinstalled templates to which i still found i had the problem. so i was gunna ask what to do next :D

i will check these now, as im sure i have changed these in a standard text editor (notepad) maybe this has caused all this chaos??? if so WHOOOPPSS!!
cmb wrote:@flukey: you should check for a BOM in en.php, enconfig.php and config.php. All files needed by CMSimple_XH must be UTF-8 encoded without BOM!
will update again after i have tried this solution

many thanks

-flukey

edit:

using the original files that came with the installation (en.php, enconfig.php and config.php) my installation still doesnt work,

im just going to try using the original cms.php as i have modified that then see what happens
Last edited by flukey92 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RJS Electronics Ltd - LED Push Switches, LCD Programmable Keys, Anti Vandal Push Buttons, Relays, Custom Cable Assemblies
Visit my Web Hosting / Design website here - www.flukedesigns.co.uk

Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:34 am

cmb wrote:That's absolutely right. But as the template is included after the login procedure, it can't be the reason that the cookies are not sent. But the problem might be caused by the language or config files.
Hmm, I've never talked from the template....

If there is some output from a *.php - file, and if that output is visible, it will displayed above the template in most cases like here.

My other suggestion about jQuery was in a "BTW". ;)

Holger

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:18 pm

Hello Holger, hello Flukey,
Holger wrote:If there is some output from a *.php - file, and if that output is visible, it will displayed above the template in most cases like here.
Yes, you're right! But only output from index.php, cms.php, en.php, enconfig.php or config.php should affect the login cookies, as other files, e.g. template.htm, functions.php and plugin files will be processed after login.php.

So I guess the problem is with one of those files, or with the server not sending any cookies at all.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

flukey92

Post by flukey92 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback,

I am at home atm but i did a fresh install and everything is working fine, the only plugins i hve installed currently are:
jquery
meta_tags
page_params
newsrotator

i have checked the majority of files between the two installations and the only difference seems to be the lack of plugins in the new installatiion. will try and pinpoint exactly which plugin may be causing the previous problem.

many thanks
-flukey
RJS Electronics Ltd - LED Push Switches, LCD Programmable Keys, Anti Vandal Push Buttons, Relays, Custom Cable Assemblies
Visit my Web Hosting / Design website here - www.flukedesigns.co.uk