New wysiwyg editor for CMSimple

Questions about how to use the online - editors and suggestions how to improve them
bjorn

New wysiwyg editor for CMSimple

Post by bjorn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:51 pm

I have adapted a new wysiwyg editor for CMSimple. It is Whizzywig version 0.61. A free open source cross browser editor.

FCKeditor and TinyMCE are fine editors but very big. Whizzywig is small, only around 29kb. But even it is small it still has most the features needed for ordinary use. It is also easy to integrated into CMSimple. It adapts easy to the width in different templates.

You can download Whizzywig from my web site.
http://www.cmsimple-le.eu/cms/de/?Download

Cheers!
Bjorn
http://www.cmsimple-le.eu

cmb

Re: New wysiwyg editor for CMSimple

Post by cmb » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Thanks for making this Editor available for CMSimple. I really like it; I think it's small - simple - smart! ;) And really fast, even on my Intel Atom. It's the only Editor I found (besides FckEditor and TinyMCE) that allows me to edit tables after creation. The only drawback I found so far, is that it always outputs XHTML, so it can't be used for HTML websites. :(

I had problems to browse for images on my server. So I looked at the sources, and found the "bug" in whizzywig.php in line 14. I changed

Code: Select all

var imageBrowse = "'.$pth['folder']['base'].$cf['whizzywig']['folder'].'/whizzybrowse.php?d=cms/images"</script>';
to

var imageBrowse = "'.$pth['folder']['base'].$cf['whizzywig']['folder'].'/whizzybrowse.php?d='.$sn.$pth['folder']['images'].'"</script>';
Now it works (for me at least).

The only parts missing are a link browser (for download files) and a browser for internal links.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:25 am

Hi Christoph

Thanks a lot for the bugfix. It works better so I change it right away.

You are right, whizzywig ver 0.61 outputs xhtml/html5. I think you can download one of the older versions from Whizzywigs homepage if you need html.
http://unverse.net/Whizzywig-web-based-rich-text-editor

I will take a look on the things you are missing in the editor. But I promise nothing :-)

Thanks again

Bjorn
http://www.cmsimple-le.eu

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:22 am

Hi Bjorn,

thanks for integrating the change. It might help other users.

When I have more time, I'll take a look at the older versions. Thank's for the hint.

The integration of the download link browser should be very simple. Basically you have to add to whizzywig.php's output:

var linkBrowse = "'.$pth['folder']['base'].$cf['whizzywig']['folder'].'/whizzybrowse.php?d='.$sn.$pth['folder']['downloads']
And you have to adapt whizzybrowse.php' line 3:

if (!isset($browse))  $browse='files'; //Set to 'pics' OR 'files'
But now the image browser won't work anymore. Simplest solution would be to duplicate whizzybrowse.php, and use one for images and the other for links. Not very nifty, but should work.

The internal link browser is another story. Maybe I find some time to check this out, but I won't promise anything either! ;) Maybe one of the FckEditor integrators could give some hints (IIRC Holger Irmler did the internal link browser). Perhaps it's possible to use CMSimple' sitemap output?

Christoph

bjorn

Post by bjorn » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi again Christoph

Thanks for the interesting suggestions.

Perhaps it would be better to modify whizzywig.js But I have very little experience in Java and sadly also very little time right now. It would be nice if a Java programmer would modify whizzywig so it fits better into CMSimple.

I mainly wanted to give people an alternative to the "big" editors in form of a small, simple and smart editor like Whizzywig.

Regards
Bjorn

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Hi Bjorn,

thanks for your reply.
bjorn wrote: I mainly wanted to give people an alternative to the "big" editors in form of a small, simple and smart editor like Whizzywig.
Which is what you have done IMO. Thank you very much again.

Christoph