Sometimes i'm wondering "What is going on" ??

Please post the URLs to pages, where you've made a CMSimple template available for download

Moderator: mikey

mikey
Site Admin

Re: Sometimes i'm wondering "What is going on" ??

Post by mikey » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:44 pm

svasti wrote:sometimes there is dissent. So, what?

svasti
dissent is the ?

but how far does everyone want this do go?

do site admins / founders have to bow down, and then get the approval of all those members, when they make a judgement call ? i think not

time to get real and move on.

mikey
Site Admin

Post by mikey » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:50 pm

let's step back and take a look at this

this post / thread has 200+ views, way more than most template posts in the last 12 months ! this in itself is pathetic

this is because of the following:

1- a site admin posted, removed, posted some posts !!!!! which "I" have to right too

are you all kidding me.

how about everyone start making templates or plugins instead ;)

cmb

Post by cmb » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi,

IMO there's indeed no need to argue. Gert has critized, that the Template Providers thread was deleted--it's back since quite a while and it's looking more beautiful than ever. maeg has asked some questions, which have been answered.

And IMO it's quite natural that anybody who has more responsibilities than others has more priviledges too.
mikey wrote:how about everyone start making templates or plugins instead
+ 1
mikey wrote:this post / thread has 200+ views, way more than most template posts in the last 12 months !
This is among others caused by the working of the view counter. It counts by IP address (which might change), and it counts according to the replies (when the same IP address visits the thread, it is counted again, if new replies have been made). So threads with more replies usually have a higher view count.

Christoph
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

kayboard

Post by kayboard » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Hi, I'm the German part to Mikey's Premium Templates.
I have been a member of this forum since a very long time. Usually only a reading member.
You're a good community, whether you earn money with CMSimple operates as hobbby or, or...
A community only works if everyone does not take everthing so serious - respect for the elderly is also part of this - like in real life.

The Forum has already sorted out a lot of members all over the years, a lot of names they tried to control things not in the sense of community.
I think it is stupid to talk about intentionally deleted threads, rankings in the template posts, paid advertising space - in this case it's just a forum.

Who wants to buy Mikey's templates does it because he likes them and it is not a matter of first place in the ranking.
The same goes for Mæg, Torsten, Gerd the customer is buying/loading what is usefull and looking good.

I write this few lines only because it's a really great forum, everyone here is kind and helpful.
Do not make the mistake and you embroiled in nonsense and strange accusations.

The success of your work up to this point gives you right, CMSimple is huge. Even people can make money with it. That´s what you all have done.

Just an idea to solve the problem:
Add a new categorie in the forum an call them advertising
Split them up for to be paid versions of cmsimple, to be paid versions of templates and a linklist for members which prvide any kind of CMSimple stuff.
In this categories no rankings ;-) side by side with a fixed maximum adspace.

Cheers Kay

mikey
Site Admin

Post by mikey » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:31 am

many views and opinions, are we done with this one, if so, thread will be closed tomorrow

cheers
mikey