Mobirise

Please post the URLs to pages, where you've made a CMSimple template available for download

Moderator: mikey

Tata

Mobirise

Post by Tata » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:17 am

I have just found http://mobirise.com/. A very interesting tool for creating very reliable responsive websites. And now I wonder how this could be used/cobined/integrated with CMSimple-XH or how the CMSimple-XH could be used/cobined/integrated with mobirise.
Have a look and drop here your comments.
Here's a result of 2 hours of studying. I have found some bugs and there are missing many standard features, but it is still only very young project, so maybe they will be fixed soon.
CMSimple.sk
It's no shame to ask for an answer if all efforts failed.
But it's awful to ask without any effort to find the answer yourself.

twc

Re: Mobirise

Post by twc » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Tata wrote:I have just found http://mobirise.com/. A very interesting tool for creating very reliable responsive websites. And now I wonder how this could be used/cobined/integrated with CMSimple-XH or how the CMSimple-XH could be used/cobined/integrated with mobirise.
Have a look and drop here your comments.
Here's a result of 2 hours of studying. I have found some bugs and there are missing many standard features, but it is still only very young project, so maybe they will be fixed soon.
i try it to.....i miss (http://mobirise.com)a picture gallery :cry:

Tata

Post by Tata » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:04 pm

MOBIRISE is:
1. in its very early version, so it still has many bugs and a lot of standard functions are missing.
2. based on bootstrap3 templates and there I have found some with gallery-like ones.
I can imagine:
1. inclusion of editors in all insertable blocks
2. included stylesheet editor
3. more flexible draag&drop kit - alowing insertion of elements within blocks (headings, subheadings, articles, images etc.) - the only way how to insert additional buttons (e.g.) was editing the respective HTML files (look at the 1st page). It requires HTML skills, however. So it is against CMSimple_XH declared simplicity.
4. some sort of inclusion of CMSimple_XH into Mobirise or vice-versa.

I am sure that modifying Mobirise to make it as an addon to CMSimple_XH or have them cooperating in some way would be of great benefit both for SMCimple_XH and Mobirise.
CMSimple.sk

twc

Post by twc » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:38 am

Hi xxxxxx,

Thanks for the feedback!
Picture gallery release date is unknown, but there will be a slider in next version!
Feel free to contact us, our team is always happy to help.

--
Sincerely,
xxxxxx.

Customer Support
support@mobirise.com

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:56 pm

Tata wrote:I am sure that modifying Mobirise to make it as an addon to CMSimple_XH or have them cooperating in some way would be of great benefit both for SMCimple_XH and Mobirise.
As I understand it, Mobirise is a desktop application (there are separate versions for Windows and MacOS). So I don't see a way to use Mobirise as addon from CMSimple_XH. The other way round (i.e. adding support for CMSimple_XH in Mobirise) might be possible, but as Mobirise is closed source, only the Mobirise developers could do that. I presume, however, that they're not really interested in supporting CMSimple_XH, but rather some of the other CMS that are in more widespread use, if at all.

Anyway, I suggest to have close look at the EULA, in particular:
Mobirise v1 is free for both personal and commercial use.
(emphasis mine)
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Post by Tata » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:33 pm

cmb wrote:I presume, however, that they're not really interested in supporting CMSimple_XH, but rather some of the other CMS that are in more widespread use, if at all...
Mobirise v1 is free for both personal and commercial use.
I've read about support for Wordpress, Joomla etc. So why not CMSimple_XH? Maybe it's worth to contact them and offer some sort of cooperation.
Another way I though about is creating templates and use them in some way with CMSimple. But the core of the template is to complex. I don't know where our codes could be used to utilize the template constructed by Mobirise.
CMSimple.sk

cmb

Post by cmb » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:35 pm

Tata wrote:I've read about support for Wordpress, Joomla etc. So why not CMSimple_XH? Maybe it's worth to contact them and offer some sort of cooperation.
As I said before, I don't think they'll be interested in supporting CMSimple_XH, or any other insignificant CMS for that matter, but of course, feel free to contact them. :)
Tata wrote:Another way I though about is creating templates and use them in some way with CMSimple. But the core of the template is to complex. I don't know where our codes could be used to utilize the template constructed by Mobirise.
Well, it seems to me that it's always hard to use some "foreign" template for CMSimple_XH. I've only did that twice; the first time I ended up with a nearly completely rewritten template, the second time I used a lot of dirty hacks to make it work. :(

Anyhow, the start page of your demo/test site delivers 4.3 MB of data – is that really suitable for a mobile optimized website? Am I too conservative to wish that a website should still basically be usable with a modem connection? For what it's worth: http://cmsimple-xh.org delivers less than 67 KB. Of course, that still takes about 10 seconds to load with such a slow connection, but that seems to be bearable, opposed to about 8 minutes. According to Wikipedia in 2013 still 3% of the US internet users had a dial-up connection; I'm quite sure the rate is still much higher in several other regions. Well, probably I'm too old-fashioned for the modern web. :|
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

Tata

Post by Tata » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:28 am

Yes, Chris,
you are absolutely right inThere are many acripts, styles etc. included. The user evtl. doesn't need each of them. What I was surprised is how simple is there the template creation. The wysiwyg pripnciple is very good idea. Of course there is no problem to built exactly the same structures if familiar with HTML and CSS basics.
Now I understand that the combination of CMSimple with Mobirise doesn't correspond with the principles of CMSimple.
Anyway, some "toolkit" for easier construction af templates based on pre-defined and prestyled structural components (sections, containers etc.) would be nice.
Very often, the beginners have no clue, what is "behind" what they see.
With Mobirise I also created first the page and was excited about the contrast of creation simplicity and the final aesthetic result. Then I saved things and looked into the bakcground and have found too many obstacles.
CMSimple.sk

twc

Post by twc » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:43 am

:D

Image slider in Mobirise v1.9!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwxRgDwM0VU