How to edit comments in Twocents for nonadmins

Third Party Plugins to CMSimple - how to install, use and create plugins

Moderator: Tata

svasti

How to edit comments in Twocents for nonadmins

Post by svasti » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:30 pm

I just tried to put Twocents_XH into Miniblog. However, only the admin can edit the comments, while miniblog is a blog system for a group :) 8-) :geek: :P :ugeek:

How can I make Twocents go into edit mode when the correct member is logged-in, while other members shouldn't be able to edit the comments?

cmb

Re: How to edit comments in Twocents for nonadmins

Post by cmb » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:04 pm

svasti wrote:How can I make Twocents go into edit mode when the correct member is logged-in, while other members shouldn't be able to edit the comments?
You can't – at least not without modifying Twocents. The checks for the user who may edit a post are hard-coded to XH_ADM, which would have to be changed. If you're going to modify Twocents_XH, note that the master on Github contains heavily refactored code, so it might be best to start off with this. A pull request is welcome. :)
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

svasti

Post by svasti » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:06 pm

I thought so :cry:
For the time being Miniblog will accept the old Twocents, and members have to accept that they simply cannot edit the comments. The commentsBridge seems to be also only for Realblog?

I'd have a feature demand however: Possibility to turn off the necessity to provide the email for commenting (alternatively automatic filling in the email from the members data), when the blog is meant for a restricted group.

cmb

Post by cmb » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:03 pm

svasti wrote:For the time being Miniblog will accept the old Twocents, and members have to accept that they simply cannot edit the comments.
I've added a respective issue.
svasti wrote:The commentsBridge seems to be also only for Realblog?
The basic idea of this adapter was to enable other comments plugins to be attached to Realblog_XH – I haven't anticipated that the other way round might be useful. Have to think about this.
svasti wrote:I'd have a feature demand however: Possibility to turn off the necessity to provide the email for commenting (alternatively automatic filling in the email from the members data), when the blog is meant for a restricted group.
In this case I'd suggest using Forum_XH instead, which already does handle this well. :)
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH