xhstyles.css missing on the download from cmsimple-xh.org ?

Questions about how to install and problems installing - please read the documentation first!
pandasa

xhstyles.css missing on the download from cmsimple-xh.org ?

Post by pandasa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi,

Trying to edit my test cmsimplexh1.7 website, the top of the edit page was white, just showing at the botton a list with nice old typed blue menu, and finally deeper down the correct pages ! Like if a css file of the edit page was missing. Comparing with the demo page, I see that the layout was calling xhstyles.css from the ./assets/css folder. Copying the content into such a file on my config solve the problem.

Controlling the CMSimples_XH-1.7.zip, no xhstyles.css is there ? Is it missing or am I wrong ?

Thanks

frase

Re: xhstyles.css missing on the download from cmsimple-xh.org ?

Post by frase » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:55 pm

I'm not sure why it didn't work out for you the first time.

But you don't have to worry about the xhstyles.css. This file is automatically created by the system when you call it up. The XH styles and the styles from the plugins are combined in this file - this minimizes server access. The file is created only once - or each time the plugin styles are changed.

pandasa

Post by pandasa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 pm

Ok, but in my case, it was not created (rights problems ?) That’s why I copy the content of another one.

Thanks

cmb

Post by cmb » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:40 am

pandasa wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:24 pm
Ok, but in my case, it was not created (rights problems ?)
Yes, could be a permission problem. Go to Settings→Info and look for "Checking that './assets/css/' is writable"; if it's not okay, then you should set write permissions (0777 or 0755) for assets/css/
Christoph M. Becker – Plugins for CMSimple_XH

pandasa

Post by pandasa » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:12 am

was that... thanks... just the corect rghts on the folder... mostly, I install cmsimple_xh with an ftp from my windows to a distant server.... This time I just downloaded directly form github to the server and dezip it. Don't know if the rights keeped are the same.